Chapter 16: A Wish

The confession that Esriel admitted to herself was like a bomb that exploded. The fact that it was the first time that she ever felt that way. Esriel loved her parents very much, but her blossoming love for him was different in some matters. She knew that without them, her life would be incomplete, and they were the reason for her to strive well with her studies.

          "I will never forget them. I swear."

          "And my parents will always be my number one."

          "So as much as I can, I will set aside my feelings for him."

          "We are still young, and we'll still go through a lot of experiences. Someday my feelings will fade away" says Esriel.

When she and Castor was about to enter their classroom, a girl student was telling something to her friend. It was about Eros and a girl. According to what Esriel have heard, the girl was Eros ex-girlfriend.

          "She surprised Eros while having a band rehearsal yesterday" says the girl.

          "Really? So how did Eros reacted?" asks her friend.

          "He took the girl and went to another place. That's all I knew" the girl replies.

          "Perhaps, they'll be back in each other's arm. I have to admit that I have a huge crush on him, but I know that Eros loves that girl so much" her friend continues.

After Esriel have heard them, it seemed that she was hurt. But she tried to ignore her feelings and instead focus more with what their professor was imparting to them.

          "Why should I feel this way? He's not even courting me" she whispers.

Esriel remained quiet for the whole period while Castor was secretly whispering something to one of their classmates.

All their classes for the day were almost done and yet she haven't seen Eros. Esriel was a bit worried but she never showed it to Castor. She just assumed that he also knew about what happened to Eros yesterday, but forgot to tell her.

          "Time to go home......baby" says Castor.

          "You're bullying me again!" exclaims Esriel.

          "Of course not" he replies while hugging her.

          "Oh c'mon, we really have to go home. They're waiting for us" she says.

It's almost 7:00 in the evening when they got home.

          "See you tomorrow" Castor says.

          "Yes....say my regards to your parents."

           "Sure, also to your mom and dad."

Dinner was ready when Esriel opened the door. Gabriel and Esther were watching tv while waiting for her.

          "Thank God that you're here. We can have dinner now" Esther says.

          "C'mon! let's eat then" adds Gabriel.

          "Wow! looks so delicious. Let's get it on!" tells Esriel.

After helping her mom, she went immediately to her room. Esriel couldn't sleep even she closed her eyes. Honestly, she kept thinking about what she have heard earlier about Eros and his ex-girlfriend. And the fact that he still loved her.

          "The girl is so lucky, for Eros loves her so much."

          "If only I'm the perfect one for him..........But I'm sure, it will forever be a WISH" Esriel whispers.

Tears came out as she slowly closed her eyes.

*End of Chapter 16*