Chapter 22: A mutual love

All of a sudden, eyes were staring at Esriel. As if her whole body was wrapped with a blanket, for she couldn't moved even her hands. Likewise, her lips seemed to be stitched.

Eros started singing. A portion of it made most of the viewers emotionally touched, some of them even cried.

          "Before, I find my life so perfect,

           That I forgot to think well and reflect."

          "Then I met you unexpectedly,

            No doubt that we'll have a good chemistry."

          "I, unknowingly gave bad impressions to you,  

           But I promise for a better me as we go through."

          "I love you from the bottom of my heart,

           Expect that I'll fight for you so we'll never be apart."

          "God gave you to me,

           So I'll forever love and treasure you......My baby."

All hands started to clap as the song ended, but Akira didn't. Actually, she was intensely looking at Esriel, then she suddenly rans fast going out of the gym.

          "She seemed hurt. Perhaps, Akira still expected that the song was for her" Castor whispers.

          "I didn't knew about that, I swear" replies Esriel.

Eros approached her, and gave her a rose.

          "I'll wait for you outside" Castor says.

          "Okay" she replies.

          "Hi Esriel, did you like the song?" asks Eros.

          "Yes, it's awesome."

          "Thank you for appreciating it."

          "It's getting late. I can give you a ride in going home" says Eros.

          "No need, Eros. I will be with Castor, he's waiting for me."

          "Okay, maybe some other time. You both take care" Eros adds.

As Esriel and Castor reached home. Castor explained to Esriel's parents that there was a benefit concert in school so they came home a bit late than usual. Thank God that her parents understood them. Actually, even Castor's parents  believed him too.

          "Have you safely brought her home?" Simon asks.

          "Of course dad" replies Castor.

On the other side, Esriel was still shocked about what happened during the benefit concert. It's as if, she was just dreaming. That was actually the first time that a guy made her so special. And the fact that she also had feelings for him.

          "I feel very happy. Honestly, I can't control my tears from falling down" whispers Esriel.

          "But how's Akira?"

          "She might be angry with me because she's hopeful that she'll win back Eros heart."

But instead of thinking about Akira, Esriel decided to reminisce again what Eros did earlier. She was still on the peak of happiness even at that moment. Esriel didn't expect that the guy whom she wished to love her would feel the same way too.

With the happiness that she had, Esriel suddenly thought about her parents. She's very sure that they will be against for it because she's still very young. And the promise that she will study hard first.

          "I will consider him as my inspiration in my studies."

         "But it will take time before my parents will understand me" whispers Esriel.

Silence reigned all throughout the peaceful night. For sure, the next day would be a busy day again to Esriel and Castor along with their families.

*End of Chapter 22*