Chapter 24

Selena's POV.

What did he mean? If I wasn't confused before, I'm sure as hell confused now.

"If you're his father who's the mother?" I asked him as he sighed and stood up began walking closer to me, he stopped in front of the kitchen island and braced himself against it.

"A year ago, I wanted to find someone for revenge and I found out one of his girls that 'work' for him was present at a bar so I went to the bar to talk to her but she was all flirty and didn't give me any answers. Eventually we ended up going into the bathroom of the club and things got out of hand, and she ended up telling me the whereabouts of the guy. I've never seen her ever since, that is until about two weeks ago when I saw her with a child. She was the first one to spot me and she came running towards me, I backed away from her and began telling her off about all we had was a one night stand. Before I knew it she had given me the baby and threw up blood in a nearby trash,I was about to give her her baby back and walk away but then she ended up spilling that the baby is mine and that I would have to keep it because she is dying." he said. Oh my god, that's terrible.

"She told me she has cancer and cannot afford her medical bills and that she was glad she found me, I offered to pay her medical bills for her but when we went to the hospital the doctor confirmed that she only has a few days left and as much as I hate kids, I agreed on keeping the child" Tears were falling from my eyes at this point. I can't believe it..

"When they guy she was working for found out about her pregnancy he allowed her to stay but when he found out about the cancer, he threw her and the baby out."..." For the past two weeks Ashley and Ryan kept the child because I didn't want to freak you out on a baby being present"he said. At this point the baby had finished and laid his head on my shoulder as I rubbed his back.

"That's why you wanted me gone?" I asked him. He ran his fingers through his hair and nodded.

"Oh Ok then, I have no problem on helping you look after this baby" I said and same time the baby burped. He had fallen asleep once again.

"His name is Jacob" Jason said.

"Oh... he's very beautiful" I said.Suddenly a question came to mind. "Can I meet his mother?" I asked.

"You can, but maybe until the next few days" he said and I nodded.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Mariah" he responded.

I carried Jacob up the stairs and laid him on the bed.

"So are there things for Jacob, like toys, a crib?" I asked Jason.

"I've had someone order it online so it's supposed to come by afternoon" he said.I noticed he was looking at my arms, I self consciously ran my hands up and down my arms. Thank God he didn't tell me anything, he dropped the topic. And now-out of this whole time-is when I remembered he was shirtless.

I excused myself to shower. When I reached into the bathroom, I stripped off my clothes and to be honest I regretted cutting my arms. They looked horrible. I took a quick shower and washed my hair.I wrapped a towel around my body and went into the room. I saw that there was a new tube of the scar removal cream. For some unknown reason I smiled and began applying it on my arms, legs and stomach.

I then went into the closet and wore a black long sleeve top and black tights. When I was finished,I saw Jacob sleeping peacefully.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Two Days Later.

I was in Jason's car, feeling nervous as hell. I was finally meeting Mariah.We reached within fifteen minutes and before I knew it we were already walking through the white halls to Mariah's room.

Jacob was with Ashley, she almost flipped when she saw my arms, thankfully she didn't know about my nearly dying.

Jason was talking to one of the nurse to get permission to visit her. I don't understand why she is spending her last days in the hospital rather than enjoying it.

Jason then led me to a room and slightly opened it. I saw a blonde lying on the bed sleeping and tears immediately made their way to my eyes.I could tell that Jacob got most of his looks from his father. As if on cue she woke up and saw Jason and she weakly smiled. She was really pretty.

"Who's this?"she asked smiling, she barely had patches of hair on her head.

" Oh, um. I'm Selena, I'm uh-living with Jason "I said quietly.

" Oh nice to meet you, I'm sure you already know that Jacob is my son"she asked and I nodded.

"He's very beautiful" I commented before she began coughing a bit.

"You seem very nice, I'm glad my son will be left with someone like you... you were sent as an angel in my son's life." she said.

"Oh, um thanks...I guess" I said mumbling the last part.

"So we need to get going, nice seeing you again Mariah" Jason said pulling me out the room.

"Jason! I want to tell you something" I said and he gave me his undivided attention.

"I think Mariah should enjoy her last days" I twirled my fingers.

"No, we're not doing anything" Jason said as I rolled my eyes.

Heartless bastard. Before I could've said anything he dragged me out of the hospital.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
A/N: Sorry for the short chapter.

I didn't know who to cast as Jacob's mother so I used Mariah (Yeater) Don't blame me, not like if I wished for it to happen to her or anything.

So um now I have math homework to do(Really long), so next update might be until the 9th or 10th, or maybe before that. Ooh, plus I'm so excited for Revival aren't you?lol.

..........And...... this story has gotten  nearly 10k reads and currently has 599 votes. Thank you so much.

So vote and comment