Chapter 36

Selena's POV.

I laid curled up to Jason's side, his warm arms tightly wrapped around my body on the sofa as I replayed what happened a few hours ago.

-FLASHBACK-
After Jason and I finished eating, I washed up after us while Jason was in the living room, Ashley and Ryan had left a few minutes ago.

I walked into the living room seeing Jason and Alex sitting away from each other, Alex had a ice bag on his jaw and Jason laced his fingers under his chin.

I stood there not knowing what to do. Jason's eyes averted to me.

"Well there she is" Jason said in a daring tone. Alex sighed and looked up at me.

"Selena, I'm sorry" he said sincerely. Was he pretending or...

"Um it's fine really" I said plastering a smile.

"Why did you do that? If you weren't a gang member, I would've killed your ass by now" Jason said.

"If I told you, I would probably sound like a pussy" Alex whispered.

"Alex, don't test my patience" Jason growled.

"Look, I thought I was losing you... and I blamed it on Selena... She's probably the main reason why you're alive. You were becoming a different man. Jason you're the closest thing I've ever had as family and I found her as a threat. I know that's not a legit reason but I'm sorry"