✧ Satoru Furuya x Reader ➀

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

S l u m b e r

Today, you got up early than usual because your boyfriend, Satoru Furuya promised to take you out today. Although you both forgot to schedule what time and such which is why you're up this early to come to his dorm and pick him up. Otherwise, that guy will sleep throughout the day especially since today is Saturday and the baseball club's day off.

On your way to the dorm, you saw familiar faces and the greetings came at once. "Yo, (First Name)!" the established Cheetah greeted you alongside Ryosuke who gave you an acknowledging nod.

"Good morning!" you greeted them as you let out a yawn. "Aniki and Cheetah-kun," you finished with a smile.

Kuramochi's wide grin immediately turned into a frown after hearing what you referred to him while Ryosuke didn't seem to mind a thing.

"Looking for Furuya?" Ryosuke asked you.

"Actually, yes, aniki. You've seen him?" you asked him casually.

Ryosuke shook his head, "Haven't yet actually. He's still probably sleeping?"

"Indeed," you answered with a smile automatically plastered on your face. "By the way, aniki, what are you doing with Youichi?" you asked curiously but you made it sound like an innocent question.

"Just out for a walk?" he answered, looking at Kuramochi first and then at you.

You raised an eyebrow as you muttered, "Ehh..." Internally, you were thinking in the lines of... 'Is Youichi your dog or something?' but decided against voicing this out. So with that, you excused yourself and continued your journey to Furuya's room.

You knocked at his door, "Satoru?"

Letting a minute pass and hearing no shifting or noise inside, you let out a sigh. If you knocked on someone's door and they didn't open it for you or no noise inside was made, then it means that whoever it is, they are still fast asleep.

So with that conclusion in your head, "Satoru's sound asleep," was the appropriate theory for this situation. You quickly dug on your bag for Furuya's dorm room keys, and without delay, you found them. Unlocking his door successfully, you saw no one inside but your sleeping boyfriend on his lovely bed.

You sat down beside him on his bed, poking his cheeks and you tried waking him up, "Satoruuuu? Satoru, Satoru! Wake up!"

To no one's surprise, he remained motionless. You pouted at his laid-back attitude but decided to let him off. "I guess yesterday's training was tiring than usual," you said to no one in particular.

In mere boredom, you began exploring sides of the room but only touching things you sure belonged to your boyfriend. On a shelf, you found illustrated books about animals. Interested, you took a random book and began reading it as you sat down on the chair; placing the book on the desk.

You simply scanned some funny or weird trivia about different kinds of animals.

Gorillas can catch human colds and other illnesses.

Eh, that's surprising . . .

Turtles, water snakes, crocodiles, alligators, dolphins, whales, and other water going creatures will drown if kept underwater too long.

Pfft really now?

The bat is the only mammal that can fly.

Of course, as if a human can . . .

A tarantula spider can survive for more than two years without food.

Now, I don't even know how to react to this.

So you got in the Polar Bear section part.

Polar bears are excellent swimmers. It is the largest and most carnivorous member of the bear family.

Hmmm . . .

You thought as you proceeded on the next one.

Polar bears have black skin to absorb heat and white fur to blend in with their environment.

Huh? What? Oh. That's cool.

Polar bears clean themselves by rolling in the snow.

That's cuteeee!

You squealed silently as you imagined a polar bear rolling in the snow.

Polar bears seem resistant to loneliness.

'This guy... If I asked him to pick me or polar bears, will he even pick me?' you thought as you smiled at your silliness. Before you knew it, you began dozing off until you really fell asleep.

Hours later, Furuya woke up and slowly he rubbed his eyes. After doing so, he checked the time in the alarm clock beside him. It failed to ring once again. It's 9:41 AM.

"Ah, I overslept..." Furuya muttered, sitting up yet his mind was begging him to sleep more. But then the realization hit him hard.

'Crap, was (First Name) waiting for me?'

'Where's my phone again?' he asked himself as he stood up to find his phone on the desk. But when he stood next to the desk, he immediately noticed you sleeping as you leaned back on the chair.

'Did I made her wait?'

Looking at you, sleeping peacefully, he realized how adorable you are even without moving. Before he knew it, Furuya was leaning into you, lips almost touching when suddenly your eyes opened fully.

"Hm? Satoru-chaan? You finally up?" you drawled as you stretched, extending your arms. "Wait— you were about to kiss me right? Or have you already?" you teased him, smirking up a bit.

"I did not," was his immediate flat response.

"Mean," you pouted as if you were stabbed with the truth. "Kiss me then," you demanded out of the blue but not surprising him in any of the slightest.

"No," Furuya rejected flatly.

"Come onnnn, aren't I your girlfriend?" you whined loudly.

Furuya placed a hand on your head before heading out, "I'm going to the bathroom. Behave," was what he said.

"Satoru-chaan, I'm going to fall asleep again, you know. If you leave me now," you said, trying to whine and do the puppy eyes at him but well, not working.

"Sleep then, I'll wake you up."

"No, I know you. You won't wake me up, you'll just sleep with me."

"I am not trusted, am I?" Furuya mumbled quietly.

"What in the world are you talking about?" you smiled warmly at him.

He blushed before shutting the door at your face.

"SATORU, HURRY UP OR ELSE THE ZOO WILL CLOSE NOW—"

'Shut up, (First Name). The zoo has just opened,' he responded in his thoughts.

As if hearing his response, you smiled sheepishly as you laid down on Furuya's bed, the book you were reading earlier still in your hands.

[ E x t r a . . . ]

Before you woke up, you and Furuya already kissed, him initiating it. Although this remained unknown to you as he was actually embarrassed to admit it.

☆★ October 22, 2015 ☆★

Riyeah, this is dedicated to you! Happy 16th birthday, my gluttonous friend. Hope ya enjoyed it!