✧ Satoru Furuya x Reader ➂

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

I n c e s s a n t l y

That was it.

You didn't understand why you found yourself in awe whenever you see the current ace of the Seidou baseball team, Satoru Furuya pitching, or even just standing there in the field. Maybe the reason was that you just adore baseball that much?

Way back in the first year, he was your classmate. Always fast asleep during lessons but tireless during their practice.

Sometimes, you find yourself watching him talk or even move whenever he is within your line of sight.

Fine, you fancy him quite a lot. But that was just it.

One time in class, you two were grouped along with your other classmates to work on something. After finishing the task earlier, your group had time to spare. No one was paying attention to either of you, so you simply decided to speak to him.

"How was practice recently? Fun? Amusing?" you casually asked Furuya.

He nodded, "Quite a bit."

You could have sworn that you saw him smiling for a brief moment.

"Soooo, do you find pitching difficult or does it come pretty easy to you?" 

"It's easy. Miyuki-senpai and the other upperclassmen could catch my pitch so it's more fun than back then."

"Hokkaido, right?" He nodded once again. "How was it there?"

"Cold," he said before dozing off completely.

Furuya fell asleep as you were trying to chat with him. Were your questions too prying or was it just that boring?

From that moment onward, you decided to not pay much attention to the ace anymore, feeling a little ignored and rejected. Shrugging it off quite nonchalantly though, besides, there was this cute pink-haired baseball player from your class as well. Might as well befriend him for nothing.

By the following year, you became close friends with Haruichi and you two were conversing as he brought up Furuya all of the sudden.

"Did you know, (First Name)-chan?" Haruichi asked you.

"Know what?" 

"I... I actually just found out myself but apparently, Furuya-kun liked you back in first year."

"He did? He told you?" you asked, surprised at the news.

"Yes?"

"To be solemnly honest, I liked him at the same year too. Funny is it?" you asked as you brushed off a tear from your eyes from laughing too much. "He didn't want to talk to me so I just ignored him but to think that..." with that, you were in a laughing mess again.

However, even with the great news, you found yourself already uninterested in him. No hard feelings against the man though.

Haruichi pretended to be catching something just in your back and pulled his hand up as if lifting something invisible with the naked eye. "How long is your hair, (First Name)-chan?"

"As long as the eternity of my beauty."

With just that, you and Haruichi were a laughing mess again.

☆★ July 1, 2016 ☆★

 Happy Birthday, Satoru Furuyaaaa~!

countdown:  7 . . .