✧ Chris Yuu Takigawa x Reader ➀

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

W h i t h e r

It's been years, months, weeks, days, and hours since you last saw the man who you fell in love with. You spent your entire time during college, focused on your studies. Your goal was only to finish college early without problems and earn as much money as possible.

No one knew what happened that caused your eyes to lose their glimmer. No one could even talk to you about it as you would brush them off. Your friends were saddened seeing you so lifeless but decided to let you be after numerous attempts of getting you to respond, still, to no avail.

"(First Name)... Let's stop this," Chris started, not even looking at you.

Just hearing that broke your heart into pieces.

"Why?" you tried to form sentences. Nothing but whimpers escaped your lips. Why did he want to break up with you? What were the last four years to him? You didn't even recall doing anything that might have upset him. The two of you were just so happy cuddling last night. What's happening?

Before you even know it, you were already crying your eyes out.

"I'm leaving Japan tomorrow. I probably won't be back anymore," was his explanation as he walked away from you. Not even bothering to comfort you or anything.

The next day, you were informed of the airport and details of the flight by no one other than his dad. You didn't know why, but his dad was quite fond of you, even completely supporting your relationship with him.

You couldn't bring yourself to come, afraid that Chris might reject you once again. Besides, he broke up with you, right? You have no right to go there anymore.

It's been weeks, two weeks to be precise. You didn't go to class or even move from your room. You were alone, your parents are always out of the town, busy with their business, neglecting you completely like what they have always done.

Now, you're all alone; just you and some pillows. Beginning to think about what to do next and whatnot, you have resolved to do what you can right now.

[ At present . . . ]

You became a successful businesswoman— scratch that, multi-millionaire and all. Basically, you can do anything you want, buy anything and such. Anyways, these past two years you have been desperately searching the world for Chris. You knew he used to live in America but you didn't found him in the entire country. The baseball players who you knew, know Chris also haven't heard a word from him after his departure. Pretty much, everyone was on the same boat.

However, who knew you'd find him again years after you've been in America?

Chris was walking pretty much casually in the street as you finally found him. Your world and time stopped for a split second before you ran towards him as if your life depended on it. You wrapped Chris in your arms, crying in happiness. After a few more moments, you noticed how Chris didn't hug back. Confused at this, you looked at him, meeting his brown eyes with your own.

He whispered softly, "Who are you?"