✧ Mei Narumiya x Reader ➁

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

A l o n g s i d e

The sun was so kind enough to shine everyone with its own problem, its hotness. Luckily, most trees were lovely enough to cover the vicinity, saving you and that boy ahead for a possible heat stroke. 

Here you are, struggling to keep up as you wiped another sweat from your forehead. 

"Really, (First Name)!?" Narumiya complained, trekking ahead.

"What," you said flatly, taking your time trailing behind him.

"What takes you so long to catch up like—"

"Hush, love," you said, placing a hand over his mouth. When he gets right down to it, there's no stopping him from grumbling. 

You two decided that it would be a marvelous idea to hike instead of just laying around indoors. To your surprise, it was actually hard to keep up with the ace pitcher considering how much he ran around in the field during practice. It was like training for the Prince anyway.

Lost in your thoughts, you didn't notice the twigs below you, stepping on it. Letting out a cry as you felt the pain in your ankle. Narumiya went back to you immediately. Kneeling when he saw you in the ground, trying to stand up but failing miserably.

"What's wrong?" Narumiya asked, you could see his concern written all over his face.

"I think... I twisted my ankle or something." Holding onto him for dear life as he supported you trying to stand up.

Only to fail again, thankfully enough the Prince of the Capital actually held you up to prevent you from falling.

With a quick swift motion, you found yourself in his arms, carrying you princess style. He was moving around as if he's gonna let go of you any moment soon.

"Mei, I swear— if you drop me, I'm gonna—" you didn't manage to finish your sentence as Narumiya suddenly sprinted, making you yelp in surprise.

"No worries, I got you (First Name)-chan," he said with a grin on his face. 

You wanted nothing more but to place a palm in your face, instead, you sighed, "That's exactly what I'm worried about." 

The Prince continued sprinting all the way back with you screaming in fear. It was as if you were inside a haunted house or something but Narumiya pretended he didn't hear a thing. Given, he was used to this kind of loud seeing he's a loud person himself— no, it has nothing to do with him being a renowned pitcher and the cheering of the crowd whenever he pitches, nope.