✧ Chris Yuu Takigawa x Reader ➂

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

L o v e l y

Today, you and Chris are going out for a date. It's been a while since you two went out, considering all his responsibilities on the team. Needless to say, you were really hyped up for it but there's a little hang-up before that thanks to your sister's ideas.

"Alright! Who's up for some babysitting?" Your older sibling pipes up, smiling from ear to ear. She cradles her nearly 1-year-old baby in her arms, cooing at the laughing baby affectionately.

"Definitely not me," you reply flatly as your big sister's imploring grin becomes wider. Chris sheepishly grins beside you as she puts up the pleading eyes.

"Aww, come on..."

"It's just for today. Please?" her spouse asks you kindly.

"Well... ahh, fine. I'd be alright with it but I have a date with Chris-chan today, right?" you turn to the guy beside you.

He nods in agreement. "Yeah, but taking (Niece Name) with us won't probably cause us any trouble," the team's former catcher says. From what you know, he most likely thinks there's nothing else in the world more troublesome than Sawamura.

"That's true but..."

Apparently, the married couple has something important to take care of about (Niece Name)'s medical records. The baby was recently released from the hospital and it was really something urgent.

"Alright, Nee-chan. You can leave her with us," you gave in, taking (Niece Name) from her arms. Seeing Chris openly agreed, what reason was there left to decline?

"Thanks, Chris-kun and (First Name)! I owe you two big time!" your elder sister says, smiling brightly. After the hundred repeated thank you with her husband, they went off.

"Are we still going out, Chris-chaan?" you asked, saying it more to the baby than to Chris.

"Maybe later," Chris responded, watching your staring contest with the baby who was thankfully cooperative and not bawling her eyes out.

Turning on the television, Chris switched through channel after channel, searching for a children's show for the baby to watch. Finally one came up and Chris brought down the remote control. You placed (Niece Name) in front of you and Chris as she instantly became glued to the screen in front of her.

"Alright, watch over her. I'll look for food," you say to Chris, who nodded in acquiesce.

Walking through the kitchen to the refrigerator and opening it, 'Nothing much save for some cheese and celery.'

You dial your sister's number and ring her. "Nee-chan, food?" you asked concisely.

["Yikes, we forgot..."]

"For real?!"

["How about you get food from some restaurant? Somewhere where you can get mashed potatoes for (Niece Name). I'll totally, absolutely pay you back for it later!"]

"Yeah, we'll do that 'cus there's no other choice." 'Thanks though, genius.'

From the kitchen counter, you asked Chris. "You hungry, honey?"

"No, are you?"

"Not really but we don't have food so let's go out to eat somewhere soon."

"Alright."

"I'll get ready first," you said, heading to your room and doing your usual routine.

After you get ready, you go to the living room to see baby (Niece Name) playing with Chris.

'Oh my god, this is so cute...' you thought to yourself, trying your best to burn this precious image into your brain forever. You aren't even aware of your legs taking you to the sofa to catch a closer view of Chris playing with your sister's baby.

Finally, the former catcher noticed your presence as he glanced at you before switching back his attention to the child on his lap. "Are we going now?"

"Naaah, don't mind me. Keep playing..."

[ ??? hours later . . . ]

You wake up lying down comfortably on the couch, realizing that you fell asleep as you watched the two earlier playing.

"Ugh... how long was I out?"

"Long enough," Chris smirked.

Giving him your legendary sarcastic eye roll, you stand up and head into the bathroom to rearrange yourself nicely again.

By the time you were done and back in the living room, you found no one other than yourself there. You open the door and head outside to find Chris with the baby in his arms.

"Chris-chaan, I think I should take (Niece Name) now?" you ask with a hint of hesitation, worried about Chris' shoulder injury.

Sensing your concerns towards him, he gives you an out-of-character grin, something that you missed seeing on his handsome face. "I am stronger than you think, (First Name)," he said as he led the way out.

Rolling your orbs of sarcasm again, you follow him outside.

Chris leads you to a family restaurant which according to him, was the one where they always go whenever wanted. That caught your curiosity, but when you asked who they were, he did not answer. Must be the third year people.

Finally getting seated in a corner, a kind waiter stops by your table and asks if you need a high chair for the baby to which you agreed.

Feeling embarrassed about fiddling with seating the little girl in the high chair, Chris got up and began to help you settle her down comfortably into it.

Another problem came up when she began to wail and cry from being seated across from you. Quickly sliding in a small cup of mashed potatoes and a little spoon in front of her pacified her instantly, to your and Chris's relief.

Comfortable silence surrounded the table as you shot glances in Chris's direction, watching him enjoy his food, both of you keeping an eye on the giggling baby eating her mashed potatoes.

After a while, you finish up your meals, and the time to get your little niece out of her miserable high chair has come. The little child seems eager enough to leave the chair as she waves her arms frantically at you as you approach to pick her up. A big smile spreads on her cute little face as you get her back into your arms.

Meanwhile, Chris catches the baby's contagious smile as a grin comes around his features, seeing you and the baby together like that.

Ever since then, each time you and your boyfriend go out for a date, he'll find an opportunity to pick you up the way you carry your little niece as if expecting to find the same smile the little girl made on your face. Just how more adorable can this dork get?

☆★♡☆★

Helloooo~ so I'm here today to thank you all for reading, the support, votes, and comments! You have no idea how your votes and comments make my day. :)

Co-authored with the awesome editor @Shiranagatari ~