✧ Eijun Sawamura x Reader ➂

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

S t a l e m a t e

If there was only one thing you could be sure of, you had zero to little doubt that it'll be Eijun.

It would be perhaps cliché to say that you could read him like a book. Perhaps, some would even say that's overstating it considering you've only been together for two years and counting. Still, he's always been full of emotions that every single day you spent together; you tried cataloging every single of them into mind.

It's no surprise that you knew Eijun tends to fall asleep in afternoon classes especially by the time of the last one, his literature class, so that gave away that he'd stay behind no matter what.

Being one of Seidou baseball team's managers means that you two usually would meet up in the fields instead of the classrooms but you decided to change that today by heading to his classroom which was three rooms away from yours. You wouldn't normally see him first unless on the grounds but today was a special day for it was your second anniversary.

Due to lack of time, you had prepared no gifts but planned to do so after today, considering it's a busy day for the baseball team. You thought that hugs would suffice, for now, gifts would have to wait.

So here you are, after class, in front of Eijun's classroom which was nearly deserted by the silence that surrounds it.

You were about to hold the door handle when you heard a female voice.

"Do you know where she is?"

"Probably by the fields..." you heard your boyfriend answer nonchalantly.

As all dramas go, you hide yourself from sight, stole a glance at the glass window of the door, confirming your thoughts that the only people in the room were indeed, your boyfriend and a girl you recognized to be one of his manga friends.

'What's going on?'

Before you could dwell in your thoughts, silence met your ears and that prompted you to look up again only to see them kissing.

Everything slowed down to you except the thoughts that kept running amok onto your head.

'What the heck?'

'What the fu—'

It was slow yet inevitable when the aching came and it was as if the floor swayed under your feet, the world turned upside down, as you tried to create distance away from the pair.

Hidden in plain sight, you took deep breaths in an attempt to calm yourself. The thoughts of questioning what was going on turned into murderous ones which weren't any pleasant sentiments to think about.

Gathering enough courage, you headed towards the classroom again only to find your boyfriend there. The girl is nowhere in sight, perhaps that would have been better. Otherwise, you'd have murdered the two of them right there and there.

"(First Name)? You're here?" Eijun found himself asking, after all, by this time around, you were at the grounds, helping alongside the other managers.

You glanced at him, trying to act natural. "Happy Anniversary, Eijun. We have tons of scrimmages today so I just thought I should greet you ahead of time."

Eijun seemed surprised at your words, dumbstruck even. So you gave him a nod before you made your way back to the fields. There goes your plan to give him hugs. Down in the drain, just like your relationship.

"(First Name), wait!" you heard him calling you but you paid no heed to that.

[ At the baseball field . . . ]