✧ Haruichi Kominato x Reader ➂

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

C a u t i o n

Haruichi had grown sick and tired of this but he didn't do anything. It was more like he couldn't do anything.

He felt helpless and worthless. The only thing he could do was watch (First Name) pine over his precious older brother every single time that he was in her orbit.

Ever since childhood, the (Last Name) and Kominato families have been neighbors. Haruichi, Ryosuke, and (First Name) became childhood friends, thanks to that. The younger Kominato and the only (Last Name) child have always been in the same classes. They usually spent time together when Ryosuke was not in the picture.

It was around middle school when Haruichi realized that he loves her. It was soon followed by the sinking realization that the girl he loves with all his heart had fallen for his older brother. This was a fact he could confirm through watching the two of them grow closer and closer together.

Whenever it was just him and his beloved childhood friend, what comes out of her mouth is babbling about his older brother.

Sometimes, he wondered what was it that she liked about his brother that he himself didn't have?

One afternoon, being the class representative, (First Name) was asked to deliver the notes of the class to the desk of the teacher in their rooms. Haruichi was to accompany and aid her.

Having accomplished the given tasks, the pair headed back to class.

As they walked, a group of girls from their class passed and one called their attention.

"I ship you both!" she said happily along with her cronies giggling assent.

'Thanks, I ship us too,' Haruichi thought to himself. He could never say it out loud.

(First Name) playfully stuck her tongue at them while Haruichi remained silent, his pink hair covering his pink eyes, masking his expression.

Every single day was a painful reminder to him of how cowardly he was being.

Upon arriving in the hallway, he could see his brother standing by their classroom's entrance. At that instant, he knew (First Name) saw him too as a wide grin appeared on her lips and she ran, tackling the third year for a hug.

"Ryo-kun!" she greeted happily.

But Ryosuke knew better so he pried her off him and said, "(First Name), behave."

"I am not a dog, Ryo," she dead-panned.

"I didn't say you were," he smirked in her direction before shifting his gaze to his younger brother. "Haruichi, I need you to come with me."

Haruichi nodded, walking together wherever Ryosuke was leading him. The older brother halted in his tracks causing Haruichi to pause himself. He turned and saw (First Name) following them.

"You're not invited," Ryosuke firmly states.

"Oh, okaay," With that, (First Name) left while skipping.

Upon arriving at some distance where the siblings knew that they were far enough to be overheard, Haruichi initiated the conversation after seeing how Ryosuke was in deep thought, thinking of how to approach the upcoming subject.

"Is there something wrong, brother?" Haruichi inquired, concern hinted on his tone.

"Do you like (First Name)?" Ryosuke heard himself asking bluntly.