✧ Hideaki Toujou x Reader ➂

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

C o u n t e r a t t a c k

You continued watching the drops of the rain in the puddles right in front of you.

Watching while eating your (favorite food). How busy are we?

Two buildings are facing together. Sitting on a bench located on the first floor, you sat crossed legs with your (Best Friend) who sat next to you. There are times when the rainy season was fun and quite entertaining. This was one of those days. 

Across to the building was a young man where he stood was the entrance to the building which leads to the underground cafeteria. You couldn't tell if it was an underclassman or upperclassman. Either way, he seemed occupied with his phone pressed to his ear. 

The blond-haired boy yelled something directed to his phone. Words were drawled by the rain. You weren't able to hear it. But he seemed angry which was evident because of his knitted eyebrows.

"Is that a spot for phone calling?" (Best Friend Name) interrupted your calculating gaze while laughing at the angered man.

"Well, it might be due to the fact that there's no signal underground, yes?"

"No."

"Welp."

With that, the conversation died out between the two of you. It was another deafening noise but the raindrops soothe it down.

Half of the lunch hour passed, this time, a caramel-haired boy came out. His hair reminded you of that caramel ice cream you ate last week. He seemed quite calm enough as he looked at his phone as if waiting for something.

"Hey, here comes another one..." you could have solemnly sworn you heard your bubbly bored best friend mumbled under her breath.

Days passing, you guys spent your free time there watching the rain. Every single day, the caramel ice cream... you two decided to name him after that ice cream you ate, was also present in the opposite entrance.

One certain day, every cast of the play was present. He was there again with a phone pressed to his ear.

Tapping your best friend's lap, the needed attention was obtained without much difficulty. She did not move or turn.

"What?" she mouthed.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" you asked, a smirk starting to appear in your features.

"Well, yeah, does it include a caramel ice cream?"

"We are on the same page then. So—"

You stopped speaking once she leaped up from her seat. "I'm going to buy a hamburger!"

Frowning, the plan was already beginning. "Umbrella for the tiny lady?"

She scowled, "No thanks! I prefer to get wet, thank you very much."

"Don't enjoy your public bath that much, please," you told her dismissively.

"No promises!" she winked and disappeared from sight.

It was still raining. No doubt as the pitter-patter didn't stop.

Heaving a deep sigh, you stood up opening your umbrella.

"I really don't wanna do this," you mumbled before heading to the other side where the young man usually stood. After getting inside the underground cafeteria with a newly bought (favorite drink), you coolly sipped it and then stopped at the steps where next to it is the exposed area from the rain. Still, the young man stood there, this time he looked troubled as he kept peeking at his phone's screen.