✧ Shunpei Sanada x Reader ➁

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

C o m p l i c a t e d

this happens during the last months of your 3rd year in high school.

It's been a couple of days since you broke up with him. To say that he's been good would be nothing but a lie. He didn't even know what he did wrong to make you decide such a thing. Here he is, out of nowhere and out of character, playing with some wildflowers on his hand.

"Shun! We're starting!" one of his teammates called him over to the field.

The ace pitcher of Yakushi was actually not doing so well during practices and scrimmages. It was starting to get into the coach's nerves.

"Coming!" was what he responded with a forced laugh.

"Sanada, go stand in the mound now," was the coach's order, and to be honest, if it wouldn't for Raichi's constant attempts to get his attention, he wouldn't be on time to respond.

"Yessir," he drawled.

Dragging himself towards the mound, he carelessly pitched some balls and the batters found them all easy to hit.

"HEY, SANADA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" the coach roared from the dugout.

To say, he was told to go back to the dugout was something understating. Coach Raizou scolded him longer than a usual beating and told him to not go to practice in this state so he's pretty much banned to the field now.

The only thing that came to Sanada's mind was. 'What state are you referring to?' 

"It's (Last Name), right?"

Hearing your name immediately woke up his senses and he stared directly at his coach.

"Glaring, eh? So I'm right? I haven't seen her recently, thinking it was weird for your girlfriend not to show up in practices just like before. Something happened?"

"She... broke up with me the other day," Sanada mumbled out the words, unbothered regarding who'll hear him. 

"Now, that's something," coach Raizou was surprised to know that the girl he thought who will never let go of something she loves, have actually done it. "Did you made her mad or something? What did you do? Well, now you see— women are really strange creatures. One thing they'll tell you that they love you and one second later, they're glaring as they leave you. I understand that..." Words coming out from his coach's mouth were starting to drift away as Sanada actually lost interest.

"Coach, sorry but I'm going now," Sanada said as he picked up his cap, placing his bat and gloves away.

Before his coach could say anything, Sanada sprinted towards his classroom hastily, hoping to find you there just like the old times.

He panted for a little while before his breathing returned to normal, sliding the door. He scanned the empty classroom to find you sitting at a desk near the window, watching the scenery below.

"Oh? It's you, Sanada-chan," you called him, smiling like an idiot.

He cringed, not liking one bit on how you reverted to calling him by his last name.

'What happened to the usual Shun-chan?' he thought.

However, the ace pitcher couldn't tell if that smile was genuine or if you're forcing it... He didn't know why he couldn't tell.

"(First Name)..."

You tilted your head, wondering what's up. "Yeah? Something you need?"

All of the sudden, you felt him hugging you so tightly as if you'll break into pieces if he actually let go of you. "I need you back, (First Name)," he mumbled.