✧ Norifumi Kawakami x Reader ➂

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

L a p s e

From the past weeks up to this day, you have been doing nothing except keeping up with the assigned projects and works by the designated teachers. They were giving out projects after the other as if the teachers themselves had a contest as to who can hand out most assignments in the current semester. The winner would probably have a free cake or pie to their face. It was just not a project alone, it can be a thesis, report, play, a skit, or anything else troublesome.

Finally, the semestral break was nearing. You were only left to pass the remaining three separate subject works you had to the respective teachers. Too overwhelmed searching for the teachers, you neglected one important detail that you scanned over this morning.

Days passing, you were done with the initial semester. So you returned to the usual routine: watching anime, movies, and reading manga, fanfictions, stories, and books...

One time you opened up your google in phone and saw the piece of information you accidentally neglected due to your brain full of school and stress. It was one of those trending searches.

Orionids Meteor Shower - October 20th to 21st

You slid a finger down the screen to see the date.

7:17 PM SATURDAY 2016 OCTOBER 22

Pale like a ghost, you searched up to find more information, wanting to know when exactly it had happened.

The best time to view the Orionids is just after midnight and right before dawn.

'Nice. Just... nice. Amazing even,' you thought.

You threw your phone behind you in a nonchalant manner, the mobile landing in the space of the bed. Your head was still processing the fact that you missed the Meteor shower and denial words were passing one after the other. 

Kawakami had just finished his shower when he walked upon one of the managers who gave him the extra sushi from dinner, knowing it was his favorite. He thanked them politely and walked back to his dorm. 

He had just returned when he found you all alone sulking. Kawakami quickly took note of this and immediately sat next to you below the bed. He started by offering the sushi in his hand to you. 

You remained motionless. 

Due to being your best friend and boyfriend for about two years, he knew at once by your unresponsive behavior that something had upset you. 

Seeing you declined his favorite sushi that he had no problem giving all to you, he continued eating them in silence, waiting for you to voice the thoughts that are filling up your mind. 

"...Did you know...?" came out your hoarse voice from the lack of communication. 

"Know what?" asked Kawakami gently. 

"The Meteor Shower..." 

Kawakami finally understood where this is going. Anything about stars and the celestial bodies interested you. Now the reason why you were down in the dumps is that you missed the Orionids Meteor Shower days ago. 

"Well, yeah... I was the one who informed you about them after all," he said softly. 

Your eyes met his brown ones, instantly you knew that he was worried about you. 

"Why!?" you pouted, trying to sound a little lively to cease his worries. 

"Go to sleep already," he motioned you to his bed. 

Suddenly, a glint of curiosity was evident in your eyes, "Did you see?" 

He shook his head, "Clouds consumed the sky." 

"I just wanted to see them..." you admitted sadly. "But it's always like this. I missed last year's batch of meteor showers, too. See my luck?"

A small smile made its way to Kawakami's lips. "That's fine. There are more to come anyway."

"But I really love the stars more than I love humans..." 

"I love the night and the stars, too. But you don't see me complaining," he said with a small smirk. "If they go away, let them be. You can't force them to stay."

"Stop pulling things out of nowhere please," you said, returning the smirk. "But you misunderstood. I am not forcing them to stay. I wanted to at least see them."

"Well, guess the Fates didn't give you a chance to."

"How dare the Fates do this to me? I'm going to tell them on Apollo, Ares, or Zeus!" you pouted. Apollo because you really liked Apollon from the anime Kamigami no Asobi, Ares because he's the god of war, meaning he can slaughter the Fates just fine and Zeus because he's the king of gods and he can punish those bitches anytime. 

"Come on, let's not get too violent and sleep." 

"Can we stay up late?" 

Kawakami pretended to think for a moment. 

"It's Sunday tomorrow and no practices, what else do you have planned?" you whined. 

"Of course, nothing else but I was wondering what are we going to do staying up late." 

"No," you deadpanned. 

"I didn't say anything."  

"I know you didn't... we'll watch the stars, I hear there might be remnants..."  

He sighed, "I want to rest." 

"Oh," you said blankly. "Then get some shut-eye. I'll go out on my own. See you!" you pressed a kiss to his forehead before attempting to walk out. 

He grabbed your wrist before you were able to, "Noooooooooooooo!" 

That brought a smile to your features. Really, Kawakami whimpering? That's something rare. Is it going to rain meteor showers in the daylight tomorrow?

"We'll sleep then we'll watch stars tomorrow night—" 

"Are you sure? Classes are—" 

"By afternoon on Monday—" 

"Your morning practices?" 

"Coach gave us a day off." 

"Fine!" you said, getting the damn sheet and went to lay beside Kawakami who wore a triumphant grin. 

[ E x t r a . . . ] 

"Do you have some sushi left, Nori?" you asked after minutes of silence. 

Kawakami fidgeted, he already finished it all. The second-year pitcher decided to pretend that he had fallen asleep so he snored. 

"OH, DON'T PRETEND YOU'RE SLEEPING, YOU DON'T SNORE—" you tried to say, sitting up but Kawakami's grip on you made you stay in place. 

"Nori!" 

As you two were facing each other, he placed his lips to yours in an attempt to shut you up. Of course, as his eyes were closed, he ended up kissing your nose instead. 

"Nori, really..." you rolled your eyes at his pretense. 

Seeing he somewhat failed and succeeded at the same time, he snored loudly again. 

"Fine, good night," you said in defeat, kissing his nose in return before trying to sleep. 

I was so sad that I missed the Orionids Meteor Shower. Did you guys manage to see it? Good for you lots! Aaaaand happy Halloween to y'all!

countdown:  2 . . .