✧ Tetsuya Yuuki x Reader ➁

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

I n t e r e s t

"...Tetsun?" you asked the dazed man in front of you. "Were you listening?" 

The former captain looked surprised for a second before nodding. 

Frowning, you were about to ask him what he was thinking about. But the bells decided that it was a good time to ring signaling the lunchtime to be over. Your next teacher had just entered the class while barking some instructions in unison. Reminds you of Isashiki, your other friend really.

To others, Yuuki may seem to be a stoic individual but who knows why, you can see what he feels clear as day. Maybe it's because you love the guy or something. Does the fact that you two are in a relationship actually has something to do with this?

You were someone quiet who hates talking because well, talking is such a hassle and you're lazy. But of course, there were some exceptions like your friends and such. You have been trying to improve your relationship with Yuuki, trying to converse with him, and so on. But the guy is really prone to spacing off whenever you talk to him.

Anyways, going back, recently, you find yourself babbling about some things to your boyfriend who's unusually spacing off.

In other words, you have been talking to him and he hasn't been listening at all. You pondered sometimes if he still cared about you. The known stoic man rarely showed his affection for you, after all. 

Sick and tired of this treatment, you decided to leave him on his own devices for a while.

"HE KEPT IGNORING YOU, YOU SAY!!?" The Seidou's Spitz yelled out of nowhere.

Already covering your ears, you frowned. "Pipe down, Isashiki..."

"So? Did he say anything else?" Ryosuke questioned, amused at the sudden turn of events. 

"Nope, not at all," you said, sounding dejected. "I mean, I understand that you guys just recently retired and all but..."

"(First Name), cheer up," Chris said, showing you a small smile. 

"Just talk it out with him. I'm sure Tetsu has a reason for his behavior," Tanba added, trying to cheer you up.

You pouted, unsatisfied with the conclusion. "Can't you guys just punch him back to his senses or something?"

"And you're his girlfriend?" Ryosuke said, smirking at you.

"Yes, I am!" you said proudly, placing a fist on your chest.

"Anyway, just like what Tanba said, you should just talk it out with Tetsu," Chris affirmed. 

"Alright, alright," you said, sighing. "Well then, I'll go right now— see you guys later! Thanks a lot!" you said in a hurry.

Running through the corridors without a care in the world, you can't seem to find your stoic boyfriend. 

Suddenly, you found yourself outside the building, just by the benches and the vending machine. Standing by the said machine and with milk in his hand, you saw the former captain of the Seidou baseball team.

"Tetsun! Geez, weren't you listening to me earlier? I told you drinking milk in the afternoon is bad for health seeing it's hard to digest and—" you face-palmed, realizing that he was not, in fact, listening earlier. 

"Oh, (First Name)..."

"You little— don't you 'Oh (First Name)' me! Why in the world are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? Do you want to end this?" you said, tears uncontrollably falling from your eyes.

Yuuki blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice. "What are you talking about?" 

Geez, what's that? It's the sound of your heartbreaking. If he didn't care about you at all, then why did he bother going out with you in the first place? Just what the hell were the three years all about?

"Do I really need to explain?" you deadpanned. 

Finally, he seemed to understand what you were talking about. "Ah, that..." 

"It's fine, don't bother explaining—" 

"Listen, (First Name)... I'm sorry that I've been spacing off and all, you have to forgive me." 

"There's nothing to forgive. I mean, you don't love me anymore, right? I'm cool and it's cool. No worries," you said flatly. 

"Who told you that—" 

"That's what you're making me feel," you snapped. "No one told me. Geez, Tetsun, aren't you satisfied making me cry already?" Tears continued falling from your eyes, seemingly unstoppable. 

"Please, just listen to me first." 

You nodded, wiping your tears. "I'm listening, Tetsun." 

Hearing nothing but deep breaths, you raised an eyebrow as you looked up to Yuuki. You examined his face for a moment to realize... he's blushing? 

"What? Did the girl you currently fancy passed by or something?" you asked monotonously. 

"A girl I like? Scratch that, the girl I love is right in front of me," Yuuki simply stated without a hint of embarrassment. 

"Right—" you stopped when the words he said registered in your mind. 

"Look, I was thinking about stuff, about us... in the future and all," Yuuki said, now seemingly hesitating. "And don't you remember? This Wednesday is our anniversary." 

"Of course, I remember—" you said. "What... this Wednesday?" 

Yuuki merely smiled, fully aware of how you tend to lose track of time and dates. "Yeah, and I've been thinking what to get you." 

You pouted, punching him weakly. "...I'm getting the guys to punch you, alright." 

"..."

"Say something, Tetsun!" you looked sulky and all.

"I'm sorry, okay?"

"...Forgiven."

"Is there something you want, (First Name)?"

"Something I want?" you feigned pondering.

Looking at the former captain, the word curiosity could be read from his eyes. 

You smiled at him all of the sudden, surprising him. "I want you to talk and pay attention to me, that's it."

Suddenly, Yuuki took your hand and kissed it. "Your wish is my command."

[ E x t r a . . . ]

"TETSU!" someone yelled from outside. The person entered the place casually. "What's this business about you paying no attention to (First Name)—!?" he howled.

Right in front of him were the couple mentioned sleeping peacefully together.

A vein popped out from Isashiki's head, completely snapping. "WAKE UP, YOU TWO—"