✧ Shinji Kanemaru x Reader ➂

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

F l a w e d

Different gods and goddesses on separate and tracked mythologies were studied by all students nationwide. Every single name was to be memorized to pass their subject. None of them ever complained because of the mentality, 'We're studying. It's only natural to have this memorized.' 

Little did they know that it is required to understand the history as it went as well. 

It was common knowledge for the learners that in the recorded mythology, (First Name) (Last Name) and Shinji Kanemaru were said to be enemies. (First Name) was the goddess of softball while Kanemaru was the god of baseball. 

That's what the scholars, scribes, and professors kept teaching. But up to this point, no one ever knew the reason why they were pronounced as foes. Multiple theories, guesses, and hypotheses are always brought up whenever the two deities were mentioned. 

Now to the dwellings of the countless deities, (First Name) and Kanemaru watched down the baseball players who were playing the sport on the field. 

"Why can't I hit it?" one player whined, kicking the ground after failing to hit the pitch. 

For kicking the precious diamond, both deities were offended at the young boy's actions.

"Stop it!" yelled another. "What would you do if (First Name) and Kanemaru curse you for kicking the ground like that?" 

"What makes you say that they haven't, yet?" countered the player from before arrogantly. 

"Shinji, stop me," you said, getting a part of your silky white gown and handing it to Kanemaru who sat next to you. 

A smirk played its role well on his features. "Go on, you can do it, love." 

"Wait a minute! How can they curse you together? Aren't they enemies or something?" A third player commented in passing.

"They did not," you found yourself saying together with Kanemaru. No matter how long it has been, every time that someone mentioned that you two were foes, you two made sure that the offender pays for it.

Before Kanemaru could stand and do his usual bickering, you beat him to it. Without no further warning, you flew to the three young players and started ranting. 

"Stupid mortals! Shinji and I are together! GET IT RIGHT!" you yelled right through their ears as a large strong gale passed them by. The three young players suddenly shuddered, as if hearing you. 

"Stupid humans are annoyingly inaccurate," you listened to Kanemaru ranting to you one day. The two of you were usually together watching countless baseball and softball games in person. Although normally floating in the air, you guys sometimes find yourself sitting in the dirty bleachers as if it could do anything to your ethereal states. 

This time, the scoreboard indicates the numbers 6 to 0

"Why is this happening to us...?" said one member of the losing team. "What did we do to make Kanemaru hate us?" 

Since it was another baseball game, it was normal that it was Kanemaru alone to take the blame. 

Without turning to look at the god of baseball, he heard you saying, "Did you do something?" 

He shook his head, "I just got here with you. Did you do something?"

"No, not this time."

It was a normal phenomenon for baseball and softball players to blame either you or Kanemaru for them losing. There were times that you two interfered with the games but it's just either making the flying ball a fair or a foul; you making it fair and Kanemaru making it foul. This is the only time when the two of you could never agree with one another. Guess how hard that is with only a wave of a hand to cause the wind to move along a heavy ball? 

A yawn escaped your lips as you suddenly felt drowsy, "Shinji-chan, I'm going back. Too sleepy, wake me up if there are any other softball games around." 

"Are you kidding me? There are always games around!"

"Goodbye."

☆★ August 28, 2016 ☆★

Happy Birthday, Shinji Kanemaru!

countdown:  6 . . .