✧ Hideaki Toujou x Reader ➀

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

A w r y

Finding yourself somewhere unfamiliar, convincing yourself that you are not lost. You're a person who's usually... how should I say this? Someone with no sense of direction. In other words, you're always lost even if you're just at school and whatnot. The reason why you have been able to go home and go to school every day was thanks to your best friend who happened to be your neighbor as well. She always goes home with you. But today, that wasn't the case. (Best Friend's Name) was bedridden today which is the reason you can't seem to find your way out of here.

Now you find yourself in a field? 'This is a field, right?' You convinced yourself that you're still on school grounds. Slightly fearing what would happen, if you're already outside the school and you don't know where you are.

Getting tired of walking aimlessly, you sat down in nearby bleachers. You saw a baseball player pitching towards a net— well, you figured that you're in a baseball field with that. Remembering that your school is rather famous for baseball, you sighed in relief after the fact that you're still on the school grounds hit you.

"Hey, you're a pitcher here?" you called at the young man in front of you, who was too busy pitching to notice you.

He was startled when he heard you calling him. He blinked repeatedly, obviously confused.

"You a pitcher?" you repeated your question this time.

"Uh— Yes... no..."

"Meaning?"

"I played as a pitcher in middle school. I'm currently a fielder now."

"Woah. Left, center, or right field?"

"Center."

"Hmm," you said as you spaced off, thinking about something like a baseball game simulation playing in your head.

"Why are you still here?" he asked you hesitantly, considering there are almost no students at the school grounds and how dark it already is.

You wondered if you should tell him or what. But nah, you needed help. "I'm lost," you admitted.

"Lost?" he repeated, sounding confused. "At school?"

You laughed sheepishly, "Yeah, I'm told that I don't have any sense of direction. So yeah, I'm lost. But never mind me, are you still here because you lived in the dorms?"

The center nodded as an answer to your question. "If you don't mind me asking, how do you get home or to school then?"

A light bulb lighted above your head as his question drilled in your head. "Oh! Earlier, I happen to head straight as I walked straight to school. No right or no lefts," you said, still not done explaining. 'Not like I know the difference between the two,' you added in your thoughts. "But now I can't find the exit like I've been walking here for a while now. My best friend accompanies me all the time but she's sick so here I am," you finished explaining, shrugging it off. Realization hit you as you remembered that you don't know this guy either have you introduced yourself, "By the way, I'm (Last Name) (First Name), Class 1-C."

"Hideaki Toujou from Class 1-B."

"You're in the same class as Furuya?"

"You're in the same class as Shinji?"

Both of you said in unison. Let's just say that Furuya being a first-string pitcher caught your interest and you wondered about it, although this interest was momentary until you forgot about it and currently had just remembered it again. 

"Oh, Kanemaru-kun? Yep, I am."

"Furuya? What's up with him?" Toujou asked in wonder.

"Oh, nothing actually. I just heard some girls talking about how a first-year student like us, immediately passed to the first string. I was just a little curious, nothing more and nothing less." You didn't notice a smile forming on your lips as you finished your statement. "I mean, you know— a future ace in our grade. Ain't that cool?" You stopped as you remembered something. "Speaking of aces, I remember waking up after a loud Sawamura announced that he'll be the ace and such. Think he has a chance?" you asked him casually.

"Uh—" Toujou was lost as to where he should respond first.

Realizing you mumbled, "Oops, I'm sorry," you said as you happened to look at your watch. "Yikes, I have to get home now. I'll see you around, Toujou-kun. It was a pleasure meeting you as well," you said, waving at him.

"It was nice to meet you too, (Last Name)-san."

After waving at him, you ran like mad, afraid that your mom might eat you alive after returning home this late. But now, your main problem was that you can't go outside the school. No no no. You've been stuck inside the school grounds. "Just where the hell is the exit here? Damn it all," you cursed, getting tired of walking in circles.

The unilluminated and silent vicinity was starting to put you off. And now, you're even hearing loud thumps heading in your direction.

"Who's there!?" you yelled, jumping back.

"(Last Name)-san?"

"Toujou-kun?" you sighed in relief after realizing it was only him. "What are you doing here?"

"That's my line. Why are you still here?"

"I... you know... the usual."

"Where do you live?"

Blinking in confusion, you tilted your head as you answered.

"That's near from here. Come on, I'll take you there."

"Uh, no. I'm fine—"

"Are you really in the position to reject my offer? As I see it, you have no idea where you are heading."

"I'm sorry. Thank you for helping me."

"No problem," Toujou smiled.

"Ah, by the way— just call me (First Name). I am not fond of being too formal."

"Despite you addressing the others formally?"

"That's another topic. I don't like being addressed formally."

"Alright, (First Name)."