1 Life in Hell

Hera's POV
Pain, that's what I first felt once I opened my eyes to face a new day.

I tried to seat up but the pain shot up through my entire body that forced me to lie back down.

I scanned my arms then I tried to search for any more signs of damage on my body.

So far I can only spot some purple bruises but I'm pretty sure that I broke a bone in the trunk area.

Taeyong, my step brother, went home drunk yesterday and he thought that it would be nice to beat me up before he falls asleep.

He is three years older than me and the true son of my adoptive parents.

Despite the age difference, I refuse to call him oppa because I believe that he doesn't deserve to be called one.

I looked at my alarm clock and saw that I already need to get up to prepare breakfast or else I'll have to face a broken leg or a broken arm by the end of the day.

I groaned as I forced my bruised up body up.

My room is not very big. I only have a bed, a small cabinet for my clothes, a small bathroom and a coffee table. It is on the third floor and was suppose to be an attict but they realized that they need to stock me up somewhere.

I washed my face and then I quickly went to the kitchen to start cooking.

I decided to cook some pancakes and some bacon.

Since my entire "family" is consisted of warewolves, I need to prepare five times the amount of the regular meal a human family would have.

After preparing breakfast, I saw my parents and Taeyong going down the stairs.

They sat on their respective chairs to dig up without even thanking me for preparing their meal, like always.

They only allow me to eat once they finished eating so in the meantime I shall stand at the corner while praying that they will leave me alone after eating.

My parents aren't the best folks out there.

Even if they don't intensely physically abuse me, mentally they make just enough damage Taeyong does physically.

They would always remind me on how much of a waste of space I am and that I should have died along with my wiped out pack.

You see I was adopted by the Midnight Pack after they saw me as the sole survivor of my pack, the Red Wood pack, after being attacked by a group of rogues.

Since my current father is the beta of the pack, the alpha decided to give him the responsibility of taking care of me.

What the alpha doesn't know is that I'd rather be left alone in the cold forest rather than be here.

After everyone finished eating, I started to fix the dishes when Taeyong purposely bumped my side to make me break the plate.

"Ooohh...you are so dead brat, that's mom's favorite plate." Taeyong said with a smirk.

I looked down and saw the familiar design of the plate and my blood ran cold after realizing that it is indeed her favorite plate.

This is what she always uses to eat because she claims that her appetite increases when she uses this plate; what a child.

"You bumped me so technically you broke it." I murmured.

Taeyong chuckled "Well, that is not what mom saw."

My eyes widened and I looked behind me. Let's just say that I received ten slaps and a total of forty curses within the span of one minute.

After my parents left for work and Taeyong going to his university, I decided to prepare to go to school.