23 Acceptance

Author's POV
It's been three days since D.O's misfortunate attack and everyone is getting worried especially Chanyeol. He hasn't woken up and he is still as pale as ever.His wound is healing with the help of Lay's medicine and Chanyeol's presence, but his heart beat is still very unstable.

Chanyeol hasn't left D.O's side. He even refused to take a bath and eat because he doesn't want to leave his mate's side.

Hera helps Chanyeol by handing him his food so that he doesn't need to leave the room. She also brought him some extra clothes for him to change into.

Chanyeol would usually just look at D.O's pale face all day and cry until he falls asleep.

Chanyeol called Baekhyun and told him that he will be visiting some relatives for a few days so that he knows where his future beta is at and wouldn't go searching for him.

He really wants to send Chanyeol to the pack hospital so that he could get proper treatment, but that is too dangerous for his mate. Ever since he realized his feelings for D.O, his safety and well being will always be his main priority and sending him to the pack hospital will be like sending a mouse into a mouse trap.

The other boys started to investigate what happened to D.O and they found out that the wolf that attacked him is a rogue who was in the middle of being chased by the pack guards. Their theory is that the wolf wanted to cause as much trouble while he is in the territory and it only happens that D.O was the first person he saw so he took the opportunity to hurt him despite being "human".

Baekhyun called Chanyeol yesterday and updated him about some pack stuff including the rogue that was killed two days ago due to trespassing. He said that the rogue attacked a human since a human blood and scent was found by the pack guards but the body is nowhere to be found on the scene.

Chanyeol looked at D.O's face and then he gave him a quick peck on his forehead. "Wake up soon." He whispered to his ears.

Hera sat on the couch just after she gave Chanyeol his spare clothes for the night. The guy still refuses to take a bath so he just keeps on changing his clothes.

Kai sat beside her and pulled her closer to him. "I know you're worried for D.O.hyung. I'm sure he'll be fine. His mate is there with him so he will heal faster.".

Hera sadly sighed "I hope so. Chanyeol is only beginning to realize how important his mate is so D.O must survive this so that they can be together."

Hera looked at Kai and then Kai gave her a quick peck on the cheek and then on the lips. Hera blushed madly, that was her first kiss with Kai.

Kai kissed her again on the lips but with more passion. He wrapped his arms around her waist to deepen the kiss.

Hera felt light headed. Kissing Kai is like having drugs and getting high, not like she has done drugs before. Kai started to kiss her jaw and then lower down to her neck.

Hera's eyes widened when she felt Kai's canines brushing her skin, he is going to mark her. Baekhyun's face suddenly flashed in her memory and guilt started to eat her up. Kai was about to mark her when Hera pushed him hard on the chest.

"I'm sorry...I'm very sorry...It's just...I'm..." Hera was at lost, she didn't know how to explain her actions to Kai.

She saw the hurt on Kai's face and she felt even more guilty. She didn't like the fact that she is keeping secrets from Kai. She really wants to tell him about Baekhyun, but she is too afraid of Kai's reaction. She didn't want him to be angry or worse, leave her forever.

"It's okay, I'm sorry for trying to mark you when you are not yet ready." Kai tried his best to smile and act as if what just happened didn't bother him that much.