16 Meet the Second Mate

Author's POV
Baekhyun and Chanyeol faced back and forth after hearing from the pack guards that a female wolf from their pack was captured by the rogues.

They returned back to his house after recieving this news. Wendy was left in the store to finish her gown order.

He asked the guards what the girl looks like and what was she wearing and her clothing description matched Hera's clothes from earlier.

Baekhyun is slowly losing it with the idea of the rogues hurting his mate. *I shouldn't have said anything to her. If she didn't walk out then this wouldn't have happened.* he continued to blame himself.

Rogues are filthy creatures that doesn't belong to a pack. If they get hold of one of the pack members in that territory, they could use it to black mail the pack in getting what they want.

Lately there were a lot of rogue sighting near their area, but this is the first time a rogue was able to break through their territory and get one of their pack members.

*Hera, please be safe.* Baekhyun silently prayed.

**Guards! What happend? Any updates on the captured member?** he mind linked one of the guards.

** We are still trying to capture the rogue sir. They suddenly disappeared in a place with lots of dark alleys. We will find him sir, that rogue's scent will make him easy to find.** the guard said.

After 30 minutes his father walked in with an angry expression. "Those filthy rogues dare to enter our territory?!" His father said.

The alpha was in a business meeting when the pack guards mind linked them about what happened.

"Dad, Hera was captured by the rogues." Baekhyun urgently said.

The alpha looked surprised not expecting the girl who was captured to be Hera. "This is bad. Your mother will not like this news." He said.

"What happened dad? I thought we had a great security and no rogue was able to enter our territory in years? Why suddenly now?" Baekhyun asked.

"It seems like this rogue suddenly appeared out of no where. His scent wasn't present from the boarders. If it was then he wouldn't have been able to get near our territory due to the amount of guards securing the boarders. I still don't know how it happened, but we will get to the bottom of this." The alpha sounded really pissed off.

"Alpha and Baek... I asked the guards for updates and they said that they lost the rogue. The good news is that they were able to retrieve Hera." Chanyeol informed.

Baekhyun sighed in relief "Atleast he doesn't have anything to black mail us with."

"Okay, I'll gather everyone tomorrow for a pack meeting after I discuss the issue with the pack guards and pack warriors today. Baekhyun and Chanyeol,make sure that Hera is alright when she gets here. Bring her to the pack doctor if she has any injuries." The alpha said before going to his room.

After a 15 minutes two pack guards arrived with Hera. Baekhyun suddenly rushed towards her and gave her a tight hug. He burried his nose on her neck to smell her intoxicating scent and ensure himself that his mate is safe.

Hera wanted to push Baekhyun away, but she is still confused on what happened a while ago. When she touches Baekhyun there's this jolt of electric sparks that travels through her skin, but when the stranger touched her she could also feel some sparks between them.

"Are you okay? Did the rogue do anything to you?" Baekhyun scanned her body for any signs of injury.

Hera heavily sighed "No...he didn't hurt me. He left me alone after he got the purse that he was stealing.".