27 The Confrontation

Author's POV
Chanyeol started to stir in his sleep as the birth mark on his chest starts to glow in a light shade of green and starts to throb.

Beads of sweat started to form on his forehead as his dream continued to haunt him.

Chanyeol found himself standing in the middle of a dark forest. *Where am I? Is this a dream?* Chanyeol looked around the forest.

Suddenly he heard some noises and then he saw three people running for their lives. These people stopped just in front of them as if they couldn't see Chanyeol standing just a few feet away from them.

Chanyeol's eyes widened as he saw two kids with their mother panting heavily to catch their breath. The two kids were crying and the mother tried to calm them down.

"Umma, where is appa?Where are we going?" The older boy said while crying. "Chanyeol, your father wants us to escape for us to be safe. Please stop crying baby, look your sister is crying too because you wouldn't stop crying."

Hearing his name being called by the mother, tears started to form in his eyes as he realized what is happening in front of him. He is dreaming about his past.

Chanyeol's heart warmed knowing that the mother could still joke at a time like this just to lighten the mood of her children.

The older wiped his tears away and said "I won't cry anymore umma. I am a strong boy and I will protect you and Hera ". Chanyeol slightly gasped after hearing hera's name. *So it is true...Hera really is my sister.*

The mother smiled at the little boy. She suddenly grew alert when she smelled the scent of a rogue heading their way.

The mother transformed into her wolf form and her children went up on her back. She quickly ran so Chanyeol followed her through his wolf form.

The mother looked back and so did Chanyeol. They saw two rogues chasing them. Chanyeol went in front of the rogues to stop them but they just passed by him like he is some type of ghost. He completely forgot that this is just a projection of his forgotten memory.

The mother kept on running until she successfully lost the rogues. Chanyeol sighed in relief knowing that the mother and her children are safe.

She transformed back into her human form and she dropped to the ground in exhaustion. "Umma! Are you okay?" Her children asked. The mother smiled and nodded.

The mother's eyes landed on the birth mark of her son that is slightly exposed by his loose shirt. She placed her palm on top of it and then she whispered some words before the birth mark glowed red and then back to its normal form.

Chanyeol touched his birth mark *So that's why it got deactivated.*

Suddenly the mother started to scream as she held her chest. Chanyeol didn't know what was going on, but when his mother started to cry and whisper his husband's name, he knew that his father died and his mother felt their bond disappearing.

The children cried after seeing their mother crying and in pain. "Umma, don't cry. Look Hera is crying because you are crying." The little Chanyeol said as he hugged his mother.

The older Chanyeol looked at his past with sadness. Tears started to fall from his eyes. He couldn't take seeing his biological mother like this.

Growls were heard from a distance and the mother sensed that the rogues found them. Chanyeol started to panick. He wanted to take his family away from here and somewhere safe, but everything right now is just a memory the he couldn't change.