10 Banish

Author's POV
"Okay sir, we successfully removed the bullet from your arm. You will start healing by now and by tomorrow you are good as new." Minwoo finished wrapping the bandage on Bakehyun's arm.

He wanted to be incharge of Hera to make sure that the other pack doctors would not find anything, but when he arrived in the hospital, Hera is already being treated by another doctor. He had no choice but to tend to the future alpha instead.

"Thank you." Beakhyun said.

Minwoo took all of his supplies and left the room.

A soft knock was heard from the door and the head of all the pack doctors entered the room.

"Sir, I hope you are feeling well." He said then bowed respectfully.

"Thank you doc....Uhm...is my third in command okay?" Baekhyun asked.

"There was a slight head trauma and some deep cuts but when he was brought to the hospital he already started majority of the healing process. He is still asleep because his body is finalizing the healing. He should be awake in an hour or two."

"How about the other girl that was brought here as well? Her name is Hera is she okay?" Baekhyun's heart started to pound.

"Uhm...alpha...her case is the most complicated one. Her body is very weak and her wolf seems so drained that she could no longer heal herself. She is showing no progress, which is abnormal for a warewolf. We will continue in providing her fluids and food through the I.V. but we cannot guarantee her total safety. To tell you the truth alpha, it's a miracle that she is still breathing. She seemed to have been abused for a very long time."

Baekhyun's eyes darkened. He wanted to punch the doctor for saying such a thing, but he knew that he was better than that.

"What do you mean? Is she....going to die?" Baekhyun almost choked at the last word.

"She is still undergoing many examinations, but when I initially examined her....she looks destroyed. She is pale and thin. Even for humans that condition is not normal. We already injected some fluid to boost her healing process but since she is so drained, it's not taking effect like it should."

A nurse went inside the room and gave the pack doctor some files. He carefully opened it and it revealed some x ray documents.

His eyes widened in shock.

"Alpha, this is the x ray of Hera. As you can see she has a total of 56 crack mark on her bones which means that all of these bones were broken at the past and it is still in the process of healing. She currently has 7 more bones that are freshly damaged.Another x ray shows that her heart is not beating normally as if it is damaged. Alpha her situation is really bad. We need the strength of her wolf for her to fully recover or else she will be in hospital bed for a long time because she is not healing like normal wolves. We already gave her some shots to speed up her recovery, but it is still not enough. We really need her wolf to cooperate, but her wolf is already so weak that it could barely be felt."

Baekhyun clenched his fists until they turned white. *My mate is broken....she was abused for a long time by her own family. What's worse is that I was not there for her, until now I am still not.*

Then something triggered Baekhyun's curiosity. How come Doctor Minwoo did not tell him about the bad condition of his mate? He was the one who attended to his mate multiple of times and yet he failed to deliver this important information.

And then everything suddenly clicked. He remembered how Taeyong mentioned one time that he has an uncle who is a pack doctor. All this time, Taeyong was in control of his mate's health.