29 Betrayed

Author's POV
Baekhyun is flipping through some file documents when a pack guard knocked on his door.

"Sir, your father told us that he gave you the full authority for this rogue case. Some students contacted us this morning and they told us that the suspect has been spotted attending his school yesterday. Shall we go and arrest him?" The guard said.

"Not yet. I have the feeling that he has other people with him. We need to catch all of the rogues lingering in our area and we could use him as our bait. From now on do some research on his friends and other people acquainted to him. Report to me if you find something suspicious. If we find all of them, we kill them all at the same time." Baekhyun said seriously.

The guard saluted and said "Yes sir.". The guard left the room immidietly.

A few seconds later he heard a soft knock. "Come in." Baekhyun said without looking.

"Baekhyun....can I talk to you for a while." Hera said before slowly entering the room.

Baekhyun heavily sighed and coldly said "Can't you see I'm busy? And if this is about the prevention of the rogue's arrest then don't even bother. I'm going to kill him no matter what because what he did was illegal."

Hera bit her lips and she played with her fingers nervously. "Please....please don't kill him...I'm begging you. I know that trespassing is illegal especially for rogues...but can't you make an exception for once?"

Baekhyun scoffed and then he stood up. "That would be extremely unfair for the other rogues that we killed. I'm just going by the rules and you should too. That guy could be dangerous and I'm just doing what I am suppose to do for my pack." Baekhyun said seriously.

"But he's not dangerous...he is far from it. Please don't kill him, I'll kneel in front of you if I have to." Hera started to cry.

Baekhyun's heart shattered when his mate said that. She was willing to kneel for the safety of her other man. He felt that Hera sees him as the enemy in the picture.

"No....He broke our land's rules and he needs to recieve what he deserves. No one is above the law and I will not make any excemptions.....even if it will hurt you in the end." Baekhyun said seriously not wanting to be wavered by his crying mate.

Baekhyun gathered his stuff and was about to leave the room when Hera suddenly kneeled down on the floor.

Baekhyun couldn't bear to see the sight. His heart started to shatter and tears were forming in his eyes. He wanted to hug his mate and tell her that she doesn't need to kneel down in front of him, but he couldn't. He needed to maintain his hard and cold facade.

"Please....please....I love him. I love you too....I love you both. I don't want to lose any of you." Hera begged while tears never endedly streamed from her eyes.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and then he took out a big sigh. He opened the door and left the room. He didn't want to stay in there any longer. One peek and he could crack.

Hera is in a full blown depression. After her talk with Baekhyun, they never got the chance to talk again that day because Baekhyun refused to even come close to her.

He started to mind block her and during lunch and dinner, Baekhyun would either be out eating with Wendy or he would eat after everyone has already eaten.

Hera wanted to explain everything to Baekhyun, but how can she when he is shutting her out?

Hera was about to go to Baekhyun's room once again to try to talk to him. The door is slightly opened and there she saw Baekhyun and Wendy cuddling each other in bed.