19 The Unexpected

Author's POV

For the past days, Hera and Kai grew closer. Hera learned that Kai is an extreme sweet heart. He would constantly shower her with kisses and tell her everyday how much he misses her and how beautiful she is. All those years fantasizing life with her mate, she'd never thought that she would experience it for herself especially after not being accepted by her first mate.

He is also funny. Him and sehun are the perfect tandem in comedy. They don't notice it but the way they would always argue like a married couple is all too funny for Hera.

She also feels a lot stronger than before. When Baekhyun didn't accept her as his mate, she really thought that she is going to die soon since a wolf can't live long after not being accepted by her mate especially after the constant heartbreaks he would always give her.

After Kai arrived in her life, she had never felt more alive. Of course it still hurts that Baekhyun is still with Wendy, but somehow Kai being around made life so much easier to get through.

Right now Kai is texting her random things happening in their house like how his hyung Chen lost the other pair of his shoes and it turned out that Sehun used it as a chew toy in his wolf form. And how the entire house is so noisy because of D.O's constant blending of fruits

Kai then sent her a picture of him running away with a shoe on his hand which Hera guessed to be Chen's good pair of shoe.

Hera laughed because of his childishness. Kai then sent another picture of him on the ground. It looks like Chen caught him and then tackled him to the ground. Hera laughed even harder.

She called Kai to hear his voice so that he could know how much she had laughed due to his dorkiness.

"Ah, I see you can't resist but to call me." Kai teased. "You are such a dork you know that? Do you usually send your friends pictures of you stealing shoes?" Hera chuckled.

"No, I don't send my friends those....just my mate." Kai emphasized the last word to make Hera blush in which he succeeded.

"Is that suppose to be a compliment?" Hera said. "Of course it is, you are the only one who get to see Kai's quirky side." Kai teased.

"Ohhh, such an honor then. I am the only one who gets to see you steal a shoe and then miserably fail." Hera started to laugh after hearing Kai whine from across the line.

"I tripped on a branch okay? I was looking back and I didn't see it. If I didn't trip then I would have escaped." Kai's said.

"Are you sure you're not just slow? The picture really looked like your hyung tackled you from behind." Hera teased.

"Yah, I am the fastest in our group both human and wolf form. I am far from being slow especially in comparison to Chen hyung. I just tripped okay?" Hera knew that Kai is pouting right now and all she wants to do is go to him and pinch his cheeks.

"Okay okay fine. Anyways what are you doing right now?" Hera asked.

"Well....I'm talking to you while eating a pint of chocolate ice cream that I stole from Xiumin hyung. I'm also thinking about you, don't ask what it's about...wouldn't want you to get too uncomfortable." Kai joked.

"Pervert" Hera pouted but thank goodness Kai can't see how red she got when he said that. "By the way are you free this Saturday?" Kai asked.

"Why? I don't really have major plans." Hera said. " I was just thinking if you could hang out with me and my hyungs this week end. We are going to the mall to watch movies and play in the arcade." Kai sounded a bit nervous. This is the first time he has been this nervous asking a girl out.