24 Set Things Right

Author's POV
Baekhyun is seating down in the living room with Wendy, the Luna, the Alpha and a pack lawyer.

They are discussing about legal matters concerning Baekhyun's marriage. They are fixing the papers that they will need once they get married including the transferring of titles since his marriage is in one month.

After Baekhyun and Wendy gets married, they will also become the new alpha and Luna of the pack. Both of them will also automatically get their inheritance just like what the pack law indicates.

Fixing matters between their mates is also being discussed. The lawyer informed Baekhyun that Wendy will become the legal Luna after their marriage so his destined mate will no longer have any rights to head the pack unless Baekhyun decides to divorce Wendy and marry his mate instead.

The lawyer handed Baekhyun some papers for him for to sign so that the wolf court will know that Baekhyun is authorizing and awknowledging all the legal loss his mate will face in the future such as her future position, future wealth and much more. Divorce and remarriage will be the only way to retrieve those rights back.

Baekhyun hesitantly looked at the paper. For the past days, he had been thinking about his marriage with Wendy. Before, all he wanted in this world is for Wendy to become his Luna...but now he can no longer imagine it.

Everytime he visualizes his future, Hera is the one there ruling the pack by his side. Hera is the one that he is imagining to bear his children; the future heirs to the pack. Hera is the one he wants to grow old with.

It's funny how his feelings for his mate developed so fast this past weeks. Maybe it's because he was able to bond more with Hera through their occasional joggings together and their chats while watching television. He was able to get to know her more and that definitely strengthened their bond. Through simple things, he was able to fall in love with his mate.

Wendy is still a very important girl in his life. She is his bestfriend, sister and first love, but that's it. He can no longer visualize himself waiting in front of the altar for Wendy to arrive so that they could finally get married. He can no longer imagine himself making an oath to protect and love Wendy as his wife forever. He didn't fall out of love with Wendy, his feelings just transitioned from a romantic love to something more innocent like a love for a friend.

Looking at the paper in front of him, he couldn't bear to sign it and take away all of Hera's legal rights to the pack. She is destined to be the Luna...she is destined to be Baekhyun's wife. And everyone in this room has the right to know.

Baekhyun deeply sighed and took the paper by his hand. He started to rip it into pieces which made everyone in the room surprise. Wendy felt hurt and she is very confused with what is happening.

Just in time Hera went inside the mansion. "Hera, can you please come here for a while?" Baekhyun said. Hera gave him a questioning look, but Baekhyun's soft look made her go to him.

Hera noticed a very thick atmosphere in the living room including a teary eyed Wendy. Baekhyun grabbed her hand and gave it a quick kiss. He looked at her straight in the eyes and said "I'm sorry for making you wait and hurt."

Baekhyun looked at his parents and then to Wendy. "I'm sorry to all of you because I kept a very big secret. Hera....Hera is my mate."

Everyone in the room gasped including Hera. She couldn't believe that Baekhyun is actually doing this.

Wendy started to cry and the Luna comforted her. Now she knew why Baekhyun had been so distant to her.

"I found Hera a few months back and I actually wanted to reject her because I have Wendy whome I will merry soon but I couldn't do it. Deep down I didn't have the courage to reject my mate. So what I did is I kept her hanging, not knowing when I will be with her. When I found out about her drastic past, it crushed me and I wanted her to live here for me to keep a close eye on her. I thought I could live normally, ignore the mating bond and still push through with the wedding, but I was wrong. I soon realized that the bond between mates is so strong that I couldn't ignore it. Not only that, my mate is also really charming that...I fell for her. That is why I am calling off the wedding. I don't want to remove my mate's legal rights. She is destined to be the future Luna. " Baekhyun said with passion.