5 Mate vs Fiancee

Author's POV
Hera placed the plates of bacon and eggs on the table and then she washed her hands. Finally, breakfast is ready.

Taeyong went down earlier than usual. His eyes dangerously looking at Hera.

"Uhm...breakfast is ready. I'll be doing the laundry if you need anything else." Hera avoided making eye contact with Taeyong. She could feel the goosebumps crawling all over her body due to his menacing stare.

He scoffed. He harshly grabbed Hera's shirt and pulled her close "Listen here brat, you will not tell Baekhyun anything about what I did to you. If he kicks me out of the beta position because of you, I'll make sure you're dead."

Hera tried to look at the ground but Taeyong lifted her chin up so that she will look at him straight in the eyes.

His eyes are filled with anger and hatred.

"Am I making myself clear? If you say anything against me, mom and dad....you are going to die a slow and painful death. I don't care if you are Baekhyun's mate." Taeyong released his grip and he went out of the house.

Hera wiped the tears flowing out from her eyes. *I just don't get why he's so mad at me....I didn't do anything to them.*

Hera opened her locker and grabbed two notebooks and placed them in her bag.

She closed the locker door and her heart nearly jumped out of her chest when she saw Chanyeol smiling like a freek beside her.

"Goodmorning Luna." Chanyeol said happily. Hera smiled *His happiness is very contagious.*

"Goodmorning Chanyeol." Hera responded.

"Yah, why did you go to school today? You just woke up yesterday! You should go back and rest." Chanyeol nagged.

"It's fine...I feel okay. I just don't want to miss anything else. By the way....why are you here? Aren't you studying in a university?" Hera curiously asked.

"Our professor is absent so I decided to ditch completely cuz I don't feel like attending my classes today. Baek asked me to give Wendy her notebook because she left it at home...tsk....such an idiot. And then I saw you going to your locker." Chanyeol blabbered.

"Wendy and Baekhyun live together?" The thought pained Hera.

"Oh....Uhm....Wendy lives in Baekhyun's house since they're going to get married and all. Don't worry though, the walls are sound proof so I guarantee that no unessecary sound escapes at night."' Chanyeol tried to lighten up the atmosphere, but it only hurts Hera more.

*He does it with her? He completely lost hope in finding his mate.* she sadly thought.

Chanyeol realized what he said "Uhm....no no no Luna....it's not like that....well....just forget what I said.

Chanyeol said goodbye when the bell rang.

Hera's POV
I stepped inside the classroom and saw Wendy and her friends gathering around her seat.

"So, how was your date with the soon to be alpha yesterday? Was he romantic?" one of her friends asked.

Wendy blushed "He was very sweet. He bought me flowers and a diamond necklace. He took me to an expensive Italian restaurant and then we went ice skating."

My heart ached after hearing how sweet my mate is to another woman.

I proceeded to my seat, unfortunately I could steal their gossips.

"You are so lucky to have him. So....did you guys....you know?" All of her friends started to tease Wendy.

Wendy blushed even more "I wanted to...but...it was already late and Baek's dad told him to go to his room for a talk or something."