12 Rogues

Author's POV
"Hey brat get back here!" A baker man shouted at a kid who stole a loaf of bread from his bakery. He tried to catch the thief but he was way too fast for a 50 years old man to catch.

The thief ran as fast as he could in an empty hallway hoping that the baker stopped following him.

He suddenly picked up a scent and when he looked behind, he saw his friend running just as fast as he was while holding a bottle of medicine.

When they were sure that no one is following them, they stopped and tried to catch their breath.

"Lay hyung, is that the medicine that you were talking about?" The tanned boy who is holding a load of bread said.

"Yeah, I went in a wolf doctor's clinic to get it. Good thing he is on vacation with his human mate in Japan, that allows my scent to disappear before he arrives and track it." Lay said.

They both nodded and continued running until they arrived in an abandoned building. They jumped and landed on the fifth floor were they saw a sick boy shivering while sleeping on the old couch. They also saw their other friend trying to clean the wounds of the boy.

Lay went to corner and he started to prepare the medicine for their dongsaeng.

"Kai, did you get Sehun something to eat? He needs to eat first before we give him the medicine that Lay hyung got." A guy said while he finished bandaging the wound of the boy.

"D.O hyung....I was only able to get a loaf of bread. Is...is he alright?" The tanned boy looked at his best friend who is suffering from his injuries.

D.O stood up and got the bread from Kai. "This is enough, I'll just dip it so that it will be easier for sehun to eat. He caught a fever this morning, it might have been the wolfsbane taking effect. It needs to be taken out quickly so that his wound can start healing."

Kai nodded as his eyes started to water. Sehun is his best friend and he felt that it was his fault why Sehun was shot by a hunter.

They were all crossing the mountains to get to the other pack's territory. They were resting when Kai grew thirsty and asked Sehun to go with him to a nearby lake.

Kai and Sehun were too busy drinking when their eldest hyung mind linked them about an approaching hunter.

Since their hyungs were resting on higher grounds they were able to see everything.

They tried to prevent the hunter from firing his gun, but it was too late. Sehun dropped on the ground with a bleeding stomach. He slowly shifted back to his human form and he lay there like a corpse.

Suho and Xiumin were able to kill the hunter, but the damage had already been done. Luckily, they were able to spot this empty building so that Sehun could recover.
*If only I didn't ask him to come with me, then he would have been alright.* Kai thought to himself.

"D.O, the medicine is ready now. Is Sehun done eating?" Lay asked while he sat on the floor near the couch.

"He only ate a few bites, but it is better than nothing." D.O sadly said.

Lay helped Sehun in drinking the redish fluid that is in the cup. Sehun's nose wrinkled due to the unpleasant smell of the medicine.

After he drank everything, he felt a little light headed which caused him to sleep.

"When he wakes up, he will start to vomit the wolfsbane that is in his system. If he is fully clean, his wound will close and he will be back to normal." Lay gladly said.

"Thank god...the hyungs will be happy to hear that." D.O said.

"Oh...by the way were are the others?" Lay asked. He saw the others this morning, but since he left he didn't know were they went.

"Suho hyung, xiumin hyung and Chen left a little after you did. They said that they needed to find the routes heading to the next pack so that it will be faster after sehun recovers. They are also going hunting to find food for us." D.O said.

Kai heavily sighed. Finding the routes towards the next and last pack was hard due to the mountains.

They are coming from the north, which is filled with mountains. They can't go through the previous territory of the Redwood pack due to rogues settling in that area. It would be too dangerous since they have no idea how many rogues there are.

Kai wanted to see what has become of the Redwood pack after its destruction many years ago, but that would be impossible until they get to find what they are looking for.

"If we get there fast, we can finally start our real mission. I don't know about you guys but I can't wait." Lay said enthusiastically.

D.O smiled by just thinking of it. Kai couldn't wait either. It had been 4 long years since all seven of them started this journey and it will be all over soon.

Copyrights to Shinmin245