32 Help from the Enemy

Author's POV
Baekhyun entered his room and he started to trash everything inside.

They have been searching the whole day and still no sign of Hera nor the rogues that took her. Baekhyun and the rest of the guys already feel hopeless. There is only three days left before Hera's birthday and for sure the rogues will kill her the day before that happens.

*Those bastards....I will kill them....especially that Taeyeong...* Baekhyun's eyes grew red as his rage becomes stronger.

He was about to enter his bathroom when he heard something slamming through his window. He opened it and saw Kai throwing small pebbles to catch his attention.

"Yah....what are you doing here? Our search will start at 4 in the morning tomorrow so better sleep and get as much strength as you can." Baekhyun was about to close his window when Kai said "Come down....we need to talk.".

Baekhyun deeply sighed and then he nodded. He jumped down from the window and then he dusted his clothes.

"What do you want to talk about?" Baekhyun said blankly. He still has this bitter feeling towards Kai that never seemed to disappear.

Kai chuckled and then he started running. Baekhyun was confused at first but he decided to just follow Kai.

When they reached near the woods, they both stopped. "I wanted to talk to you...about Hera. We both know that she has two mates....and that's the reality we cannot escape." Kai seriously said.

"I know....but it's not about having two mates, it's about who was first. You may be her mate...but I met her first." Baekhyun said with a much serious tone.

Kai chuckled and then he rolled his eyes "Being first doesn't make you the better mate for her."

Baekhyun started to grow furious. "So, are you the better mate then? Last time I checked you were having sex with a random woman."

Kai clenched his fist and he tried really hard to suppress his anger. He wanted to properly talk toBaekhyun and as much as possible, he wanted it to end decently. "I was tricked...unlike someone who was fully aware with what he was doing yet he continued to do it."

"Why you bastard..." Baekhyun was about to punch Kai in the face when Kai shouted "Stop it! This is not how I wanted the talk to end up." He deeply sighed.

Baekhyun scoffed and then he pulled out his fist from his current position. "Then what?" He asked.

"After we save Hera....I know that she cannot live a life with two mates. It will emotionally hurt her." Kai said.

"So what are you saying? That one of us should leave her?" Baekhyun said.

Kai slowly nodded "Didn't Suho hyung's dad's diary say that one mate should die so that the other mate could fully have the princess' heart? What I'm trying to say is...we should have a fight....to the death."

Baekhyun couldn't believe that Kai just brought up that idea. "Are you an idiot? Sure I want to get Hera's heart fully, but I wouldn't step down to the level of a murderer just to get it. And besides, I have alpha blood...you'll surely lose."

Kai slightly chuckled and said "I know...but I have the determination to win.....and that's what matters. I love Hera and I'll do my best to win, despite being at disadvantage."

Baekhyun couldn't believe what he is hearing. He wanted to slap Kai's head hard to make him snap out of it, but at the same time he couldn't help but to admire him. He knew that there is an 80% chance that he will lose! but he is willing to risk everything for Hera.