26 The Truth and The Past pt.2

Author's POV
After Suho calmed down and straightened himself he said "After the rogues completely destroyed the pack, the women were killed while the children were taken in by the group of rogues. They thought that they could turn us into cold killing monsters like them. Some of the kids died due to the intense training and harsh beatings. The rogues stopped looking for the princess because they killed a little girl around Hera's age thinking that it's the princess. I think it was a set up by our former pack to protect Hera. I met the rest of the protectors at the rogue camp. We were able to escape four years ago but Kris and Luhan died trying to protect us by stalling the rogues."

Chanyeol and Hera never felt so confused yet fully informed at the same time.

Hera knew that she doesn't belong to this pack but she never imagined herself to be a run away princess from her pack. Chanyeol felt like his entire life was a lie. He still wants to find out why he cannot recall any memory about his old life.

"So you said that our father sent me, Hera and my mother away. Where is our mother then?" Chanyeol asked.

"I don't know. My father didn't leave any information on what happened after you three left so we also had a hard time finding you. The rogues sent everyone far away to the north away from our original pack so it took us years jumping from one pack to another just to find the princess. It turns out that you are just in the neighboring pack." Suho chuckled.

Hera's head started to ache and she almost fell on the ground if not Chanyeol being beside her to catch her in time.

"How is my life so complicated and filled with secrets?? First I'm the princess who is destined to defeat the evil rogues then my best friend could be my biological older brother." Hera said.

"Suho, we have another problem. Do you know....why Hera has two mates?" D.O said.

"What? Isn't Kai her only mate?" Suho asked. "No, Kai is my second mate. I met my first mate a few months ago and he didn't accept me. He is the future alpha Byun Baekhyun and just recently he decided to cancel his wedding with his long term fiancée to be with me. Please tell me you have an idea why this is happening to me?" Hera gave him a pleading look.

Suho scratched his head and said "I don't really know, but I'm sure there is something about that in one of my father's researches. Let me take a look at it for a while."

Suho opened his father's diary where there's a thick stack of papers attached at the last page.

Hera looked back and saw Chanyeol seating at a corner. She approached him and said "This is such an eventful day huh?".

Chanyeol chuckled "Who knew I was adopted. I cannot recall any memory of me being with another family other than my current ones. This birth mark flipped everything upside down. I don't even know what's real in my life anymore. Is my name even Chanyeol in the first place?"

Chanyeol looked at the birth mark that is on his chest. When he was a kid, he thought that he was blessed because his birth mark doesn't look like an ugly patch but instead it has a pattern. He never knew that it has a symbolical meaning that could one day change his life.

Hera touched his birth mark and it started to glow. When it startd to throb Chanyeol winced due to the uncomfortable feeling.

"Did it hurt?" Hera quickly retrieved her fingers. Chanyeol shook his head "Not really, just a little bit uncomfortable. How come I didn't feel this before?".

"That's because it was deactivated." D.O said before seating beside his mate. "My theory is that your mother deactivated your birth mark when you were escaping. I don't really know why or how she did it, but that's the most logical explanation I know. I saw it in Suho's father's diary that birth marks could be deactivated but he didn't mention how. Now that Hera touched it, it is once again active." D.O said.