13 New Life

Author's POV
Hera slowly opened her eyes and the sun slightly blinded her eyes. She looked at the wall clock and saw that it was still 6:30 in the morning. She usually wakes up at this time because she still has to prepare for her old family's breakfast. Her body got used to waking up this early.

She cringed as she recalled her old family. It made her happy that they are no longer around to torment her, but it made her wonder about their condition. Are they still alive? Usually it is hard for rogues to survive out there if they are few in numbers, that's why they usually form a pack of their own to protect themselves.

Hera got out off her bed and changed into a pair of jeans and a plain red v neck. She went to her bathroom and brushed her teeth.

Hera went down to the kitchen and saw the maids moving around.

"Oh! You must be the new girl Hera. The alpha told us to prepare a big breakfast to celebrate your arrival. Please do sleep some more, breakfast would be ready by 7:30." The head maid said.

"Uhm...I want to help. I usually cook breakfast at my old house. I want to make breakfast for the alpha's family to express my gratitude in keeping me here." Hera said with a hopeful smile.

The maid smiled and said "Are you sure? If that's the case please come with me."

Hera followed her towards the huge kitchen. There were atleast five people working on the stove at the same time. It's like they are preparing for a very big feast.

"By the way, you can call me Mrs. Lee. I am the head maid here." She said while handing Hera a white apron.

Hera lightly bowed while accepting the apron. "So what can I help with Mrs. lee?"

"If you want, you can make your own dish for the alpha's family. Make huge servings though, because master Chanyeol will be eating with us today and that kid could eat a lot." Mrs. Lee chuckled.

He giggled with the thought of Chanyeol being an excessive eater. She knew perfectly what to cook.

After an hour, breakfast is finally ready. The Luna arrived in the dining area first. This is the first time Hera saw the Luna and she is completely stunned by her beauty. She has a long brown hair and pale skin. It is very evident that Baekhyun got his eyes from his mother.

"You must be Hera. I'm the Luna Byun Yumi." She smiled and hugged Hera lightly.

"Nice to meet you Luna. Thank you for accepting me at your home." Hera bowed with respect.

"Aigoo~ that's not a problem at all. We should have done that in the first place instead of giving you to the old Beta's family. We had no idea that they were so harsh to you." The Luna said.

"Still, thank you. As a sign of my gratitude I cooked your family omelette stuffed with kimchi fried rice." Hera pointed at her dish.

"So that's why you are wearing an apron. Thank you so much Hera." The Luna gave her a grateful smile.

*She is so nice. She is definitely qualified for her position. She is the perfect mother for this pack.* Hera thought to herself.

When the pack got Hera,the Alpha's family was still in the middle of adjusting since Baekhyun's father was still new to the position, that is the reason why Hera was given to the beta's family.

The Alpha entered the room and power radiated all over him. He looks like an older version of Baekhyun but a good 2 inches taller.

"Welcome Hera, I hope you have settled well." The Alpha said. He gave his Luna a soft kiss on the lips and he hugged her from behind.