Prologue

** THIS STORY IS COPYRIGHTED AND SHOULD NOT BE POSTED ANYWHERE ELSE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. **

** i wrote this story late 2012 so forgive me if almost 3/4 of this story is CARROT-Y. I know each directioner had to go through that stage so please understand some terms and informations presented. **

____________________

A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other.. Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever.

_______________________

Prologue

"A guy out there was meant to be the love of your life, your best friend, your soulmate, the one you can tell your dreams to. He'll brush the hair out of your eyes. Send you flowers when you least expect it. He'll stare at you during the movie even though he paid at least $8 to see it. He'll call to say goodnight or just 'cause he is missing you. He'll look you in the eyes and tell you that you're the most beautiful girl in the world, and for the first time in your life, you'll believe it." -Nicholas Sparks

My mind flew and my thoughts came wandering inside my little head. My heart ached and the pain it's giving me is making me feel uncomfortable. Then I began to understand why I'm feeling like this, why the sudden butterflies in my stomach...

It's because I remembered myself falling in love with my best friend.

Why is it that we always fall for our best friend? Is it because we know that we can trust them? Is it because we know them so well? Is it because of the way they know exactly what is in our heads? Or is it because they are there any day, any time, any where, without the promise of kisses, intimate touches, or whispered sentiment of love?

I think we love them because they are there when there is nothing in it for them except for that glimmer of hope that maybe someday, there will be.

The thing is, the best friend of mine that I'm talking about here is no other than Harry Styles. And that was my problem. You see, being in the most phenomenal boy band could actually turn any world upside down.

"Wake up, dear."

I opened my eyes and blinked to clear my sight as I hear the sound of my professor's voice. Literature class was over and I was too passed out to even realize it.

Here I was, the top of my class, waking up from my rather unusual dream. It was all coming back now, the memories that were taunting me and keeping me from the happiness I deserved.

"Are you alright?" My lab partner asks, noticing my blank expression as we entered our next class.

I snapped back to reality. "Uhh, yeah. I'm fine. It's just that I received an e-mail last night." I mumbled.

"Oh my gosh, from college?? Is it the acceptance letter?" She questioned, with a tone of excitement.

I looked at her with ease, trying to calm the pounding of my own heart, "No. It had nothing to do with college. It was an invitation."