Chapter 4: Bestfriends

Chapter 4:

Bestfriends

(Harry's POV)

And I am free... Free fallin'.. Free fallin'

My phone rang the tune that I specially assigned to that one person who hasn't returned any of my calls this day. I know we're neighbors but I still have to know if she's okay. I mean, I haven't seen her since this morning and that gets me really worried. I'm her best friend and I felt the right to be protective of her.

I was drying myself up when I grabbed my blackberry, hesitant to answer it at first, not wanting my ring tone to end since it's my all time favorite song by John Mayer.

"Baba." I felt a smile on my lips when I said the nickname I gave her. "You haven't returned any of my calls. Where the hell are you?! I threw some more erasers at your window but you weren't peeking out!" I'm a bit disappointed and it was evident in my tone.

"Sorry Hazza. I just got home and I left my phone. We were out for shopping, then movie night with my cousins then-" She sounded very apologetic.

"Okay, okay." I give in, not wanting to stay mad at her. "Next time just text me. Even just once. Or leave me a message or something."

"I'm sorry Haz. I'll make it up to you." Before I knew it, there was a knock on my door.

Days passed by and our friendship was growing stronger than ever. It felt good to have someone there for you all the time.

Sometimes, she would drop by at the bakery, mostly annoying me. And at night, we would be up our roof, counting all the stars we could find.

One day, she got really sick and she was home alone so I had to take care of her. We were watching E! News on TV for some celebrity updates when an upright piano, which was neatly placed by their study area, caught my attention. I asked Abbie if she could play me a song but then I realized she was sick.

"It's okay. I got this." She tells me confidently, standing up and slowly walking towards the piano.

I sat down beside her since the stool could fit both of us. She gracefully placed her fingers on the keys and played, eyes closed. They were like spider legs, moving to build a web. The notes were a beautiful lullaby and I didn't want her to stop.

Her pale face made me feel concerned that she might be feeling chilly. I was wearing my jersey jacket so I took it off and put it on her. She stopped playing and looked at me instead, her eyes a bit watery from her cold. She was too beautiful, almost perfect. At some point, she could just light up my world whenever she smiles. She's different. Good different. And even though I'm two years older than her, I didn't mind, because at that moment, I'm-

"I love you, Baba." I whispered loudly, suprising myself when the words slipped from my mouth.

"I love you too, Hazza." I heard her answer, not too soft, not too loud, but understandable enough for my heart beat to increase its pace.

"Really?" I asked her, dumbfounded as my hand touch her cold cheeks, my thumb brushing her lips lightly. She got closer to me, her face just inches away from mine. I wanted to close my eyes and feel every bit of moment of whatever she's about to do.

"Uh-huh." She sniffed. This time, I did close my eyes and felt her hot breaths on my face.

"How much?" I questioned desperately, expecting her to say the words I want to hear.

"You know, as my best friend." She lay her head on my shoulder and nudges her nose on my shirt. A small snore escaped her lips and I knew she's fallen asleep.