Chapter 2: Meeting Her

Chapter 2:

Meeting Her

(Harry's POV)

"Nick! Pass the ball!" I yell as I was about two meters away from him. He seemed to be taking this seriously.

"Nick lay ups, and he scores! Aaahhhh, the crowd goes crazy!!" He exclaims, mocking a basketball commentator's voice. He thinks he's Michael Jordan, except that he's not black.

"You know I have to do this all the time." He pants as he bounces the ball. "Me versus you, in basketball. I could get a contract deal with Lakers or Miami Heat!" He boasts as he passed me the ball.

We're not really into this kind of game. It's just something we do to pass the time. We're more of football fans. Go Manchester United!

Nick Clough is the bass guitarist of our band White Eskimo. A year and a half ago was the best day of our band's history because we've actually won Battle of the Bands, which was very awesome.

"Harry, the ball." It was Haydn Morris, our lead guitarist. He sat on the lawn, looking all tired. He isn't even doing anything.

"Man, I haven't even made a shot yet." I complain, a little bit irritated since this is my ball, not theirs.

"Not your ball, that ball " Will Sweeny, our black haired drummer points out the blue ball just behind my foot. I looked around, trying to find who the owner is.

"Our ball." I heard someone say.

Her voice was too sweet for me not to turn on where it's coming from. And there she is, at the front yard of our neighbor's residence. She must be the girl Mrs. Revilla is telling me about. It's her niece. She was about 6 inches shorter than me. She had black shoulder-length hair. She wore a yellow tank top that added a bit on her slim figure.  

Above all, she's lovely.

I picked up the ball and instead of passing it , I confidently walked my way towards her. She took it from me, my eyes meeting hers.

"I'm Harry by the way. Named after Harry Potter, but I'm Styles. I mean, Harry Styles is my name." Okay, I admit I was mumbling. I offered my hand for a shake.

"Abbie Reyes." She accepts my kind gestuee. "So you're the guy..." She trails off and I continue her sentence.

"Your Aunt Lisa was talking about." I laughed and she joins me.

"So she's been talking about me to you too huh?" I'm sure her accent wasn't English, but it still sounded perfect.

"Yes. All the time." I feel myself blushing, my cheeks going warm. But wait- why the hell am I blushing? I've never blushed before. Especially infront of a girl.

"Oh." She giggles. "Well it's nice meeting you, Harry." She bid me goodbye, turned around, and walked away.

That was the longest moment I ever talked to a girl. I mean, I was used to girls flirting around me when I talk to them so I just have to stay away. But this girl? She's different. There's something in her that makea me want to know her so well.

"She's hot." Will said, following Abbie's direction.

We continued our game and when we got tired, we got back in the house and the boys rested in our living room. I took out 4 cans of soda and offered it to them.

"You guys have to go home. Your moms are going to be worried." My mother shuts the television off.

"Moooom-" I groan.

"C'mon Anne. We could just stay here a little bit more." Haydn says, in his flirty voice. It was kind of disgusting but I knew he's got to be joking.

"What kind of a tone is that?" My step dad startles us all and I try to hold back my laughter. Haydn must've shit his pants right now.

Unfortunately, my real dad and my mom got divorced when I was seven. I admit I cried a lot when that happen because it's hard to accept that my parents wouldn't be together anymore. But anyways, I was really pleased when Robin proposed to my mom. At least I get to see her happy again.

When the boys left, I went up to my room. My blue walls provided me with inner peace. But believe it or not, my sheets were orange. I know it's a weird color combination but these two are my favorite. The sun was down and I wanted to see if the moon was shining outside. I opened my windows and there I think I saw Abbie. She was sitting on her window ledge. I mean it's gotta be her since there's no more other teenage girls in that house.

She looked like she was texting. She is still beautiful even if I could just see her side view angle. It would be nice if I'd get to know her more. I began to find something that I could throw at her window. Too cheesy, but hey, atleast I'm trying.

I found no rocks but an eraser. Good enough.

At the count of three... One.. Two.. Three!

She jerked up and dropped her phone, obviously startled. Okay, that was a bit embarrassing. She looked at me, confused.

I waved my hand, smiling like an idiot. She eventually smiled back. I don't understand why, but I suddenly found myself with a notebook and a marker. Now I'm beginning to be romantic.

How r u? :)

I saw her look for something to write on too and I take that as a good sign.

Good. Jetlagged. You? xx

Her handwriting was nice and I loved how she put those two Xs in the end.

Great. Aw why? :(

The dot on my question mark looked like a small berry.

7 hr difference rmember?

Her question mark looked better than mine. I used my Math to count on what time it is in the Philippines. 7 am. Well that sucks.

Sleep. It's good for ü

I admit I was smiling writing this down. My letter u showed it. 

I can't :(

She shows it to me with an actual sad face and I laughed at how cute she looked- wait did I just say cute? Yes, cute.

Suit yourself -.-

Why r u still awake?

Can't sleep either :<

Bad luck

I met u today. So good luck. ha!

Watever go to bed.

I caaant

Y?

Bcoz u have nice eyes.

She lazily shook her head and tucked her lose hair strand behind her ear. Wow now she looks even prettier.

Tbh I like ur dimple

I get that a lot x

Eh. -.-

Can I come over so we can talk f2f?

f2f?

Face to face duh haha

Oh noo.

</3

Ur a stranger

We met a while ago! I raised both my hands, emphasizing what I wrote.

Some other time x

It took us about an hour before we ended our conversation. I saw her yawn and so I bid her goodnight. I tried to sleep too. But it seemed like I still can't and I don't know why.

-----

Vote + Comment :)