Chapter 6: Adjustment Period

Chapter 6:

Adjustment Period

(Harry's POV)

And that was another best day of my life. Thanks to Abbie for all her support, I would have not gotten this far. When I hugged her at that time, I wished I didn't have to let go. I wanted her to be mine. I wanted to love her forever. But I can't live with the pain of knowing she doesn't love me back.

Not more than a best friend.

Bootcamp will start by June, when all auditions are over. I wasn't expecting I'd be able to get through that first round, especially after hearing Louie's comment.

From: Bababoo Ü

I have something to tell you.

It was around 11 in the evening when I received a text message from Abbie. How could she still be up this late?

To: Bababoo Ü

You could just tell me straight if you want me to cuddle there with you. xP

From: Bababoo Ü

Im serious

Okay that got me a bit worried. No punctuation marks? No emoticons?

My heartbeat increased its pace every each passing second. Something's definitely not right.

To: Bababoo Ü

How am I gonna sneak up your room? O.o

From: Bababoo Ü

Uncle Edgar used a ladder this morning. Check it out below.

I looked outside and saw the ladder there, its maximum height already enough to get me up her window.

It was cold outside so I slipped in my sweater and wore my gray bonnet. Mom would get mad if she catches me sneaking out late at night. Then Gemma would start teasing me and I would blush like crazy while trying to hide my real emotion. So yeah, I had to tip toe quietly.

The air was freezing and I didn't waste my time to tap on her window. The low temperature created moist on the glass and her lights were off so I couldn't really see her, not until she pulled it open and allowed me to hop in.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked, closing the window behind me. She remained silent as she sat on her bed.

I occupied the space beside her and rubbed her back. "What is it? What's wrong?"

She takes in a deep breath and sighs."I'm leaving."

What?

"Come again?" I request, wanting to make sure I heard her right.

"I'm leaving." She repeats.

I was stunned. My hand stopped moving on her back and I was just staring into space.

She's been here for two months. Two fucking short months and she's gonna leave right away? But why? I thought she'll be living here- for good?

"Wha- what? Why? I-I don't understand." I stood on my feet and tried to clear my thoughts.

"We're leaving. We're going back to the Philippines tomorrow. I won't be back for I don't know, a year?" Her voice was shaking and that's when I noticed the tears in her eyes.

I felt my heart drop, seeing her like this- desperately trying to make this easier for us . No, she can't leave. She can't just leave me when things are already falling into place. She can't do this.