Chapter 27: Preparations

Chapter 27:

Preparations

(Abbie's POV)

Seriously, these boys are getting on my nerves. It was weird seeing all of them exchange death glares when Niall and Harry said the same thing. It's really not a big deal but it seems like to them it is. That's why I just had to leave them there.

"Abbie, wait-"

I didn't look back and continued walking barefoot back to my room. I was about to close the door behind me when a shoe stopped it.

"Harry. I need to rest.." I sighed. Wait, Harry was wearing slippers when I saw him in the kitchen. Oh shit not again.

"I'm sorry Niall. I thought-"

"It's fine. Can we talk?" I nodded and gestured him to enter. He was fighting to put a smile on his face and it was making me feel worried. I myself was a bit disappointed. I couldn't believe I was expecting someone else.

My legs stretched out as I sit on the bed with my back against the head board. "Yeah?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you were allergic to shrimps. I mean you never told me.." He was breathing heavily as he tries to fit in the right words. "I ruined the damn moment and I am so sorry-"

"You already said sorry."

"I'm sor- but ugh. It's true though. I really am."

"It's no big deal Nialler. I'm fine." I assured him, pulling myself a pillow to hug. "Give me some time to go back to sleep?"

"Yes, yes of course. I love you." He says before proceeding to the door.

"Mhhm." I hummed, drifting to sleep.

*****

(Harry's POV)

"Abbie-wait!" I speak up, not wanting her to go yet. But she ignored me.

"Harry." Niall said, stopping me from following her. "It's my turn now."

I felt this sudden burn in my chest. How many times do I fuckin have to remind myself Niall is her dumb arse boyfriend? On the other hand, I'm her stupid arse best friend who just wishes her to be mine and I to be hers. Niall followed his girl to her room and I looked away knowing she'd let him enter.

"So.." I heard Louis say. "That was quite a scene, ey?"

"I can't stand seeing Niall hurt her all over again."

"But this one was just an accident."

"I know. But still. I have a gut feeling he'll do it again soon enough."

"You couldn't possibly be so sure-"

"I am sure. Look how he rarely makes time for her. I'm the one who's here for her all the time. I should know."

"So you're inlove with her still?" Niall asks, surprising us. I didn't notice he already left her room. "All this time?"

Should I tell the truth? Or should I keep pretending I'm just being like this because I'm her bestfriend? Or should I just say I'm being protective of her because her family trusts me enough to make her stay with us? Or should I really just tell the truth? Either ways will make things complicated anyway.

"I never stopped loving her Niall. Yes, all this time." I admitted.

He didn't seem to be shocked at all. Instead, he puts a weak smile on his face. "She does too."

"What do you mean?"

"She never stopped loving you too. All this time." His voice was plain and you can barely hear what his actual emotion is.