Chapter 21: It's Still You

Chapter 21:

It's Still You

(Niall's POV)

"Niall?" She gasped.

Here I am, standing in front of the girl whom I know has forgotten about me.. About us. I don't know what went wrong- all I knew is that I love her, but that wasn't enough to make me keep her. 

I turned to face Eleanor, "Have you been here long?"

"Not really. We were just-" She was interrupted when Abbie stood up from the table.

"I'm not hungry anymore. I'll be in the suite when you need me."

I grabbed her hand, not letting her take another step, "Please stay." She stiffened a bit. "At least for them." I pointed to the three other girls who sat on their chairs confused. It was a perfect timing when in came three handsome lads who immediately proceeded to where we were.

"Uhh.." Liam scanned the table, then moved his eyes to me. "Did we miss something?"

"Not much." Danielle answers him.

Zayn had both his hands on Liam's shoulders, "Well can somebody explain that?"

Oh snap! I forgot I was actually still grasping Abbie's hand. I removed my grip and suddenly felt myself blushing. "Where's Harry?" I managed to ask.

"Went to the flower shop just beside this hotel." Louis stepped his way to give Abbie a peck on the cheek. The two other followed before they went to their girlfriends and also gave them a kiss, except for Liam who just gave Dani a hug.

Abbie went back to her seat and I was reluctant at first to take the vacant chair beside her. "Niall, why are you still standing up? You afraid she'll bite?" Zayn joked as he sat in between Perrie and Danielle, just across me.

I gave them a soft little smile and before I could answer, in came a panting Harry Styles. His sweat was dripping down his buttoned up polo and he looked really exhausted.

"Louis.." He spoke, taking huge breaths in between his words. "..You told me the flower shop's just beside the hotel."

"Is it not? It was there the last time I was here.. a year ago?"

"It was three blocks down! I had to run all the way. You are such a traitor. You did this on purpose." He glared at innocent-looking Louis and we all laughed it off. "Where's Abbie?"

"Am I really that invisible for you not to see me?" Her warm voice sent chills down my spine. Then at that moment, guilt started to crush me deep inside.

Harry peeked behind me, since I didn't notice I was blocking his view. He grabbed something from his back pocket and there he held one pink long-stemmed rose. Its smell went up my nostrils as it passed in front of me.

"You ran three blocks down just to buy this single rose?" She asks, her lips stretching to form a smile.

He nodded, "Anything for my best friend. You know I can't be happy without you. And for the record, it was actually six blocks. It's times two. So three times-"

"We get the point Harry!" Eleanor exclaimed and chortled. "I never knew you were a Math wizard."

"My math skills are terrible!" He snickered.

After a few minutes, dinner was served. Finally my growling stomach could be satisfied, enough to make it stay calm until tomorrow.

We all had chit chats once in a while, but I sure did notice Abbie's been trying to avoid my glance. I wanted to talk to her. I wanted to explain myself in the hope that she'd give me another chance. But I just don't know how. Eleanor, Perrie and Liam have been giving me some tips about this and me showing up early before the other lads was actually their idea.