Chapter 12: Mood Swing

Note: I would like to dedicate this to @justforlou. Your instagram posts and imagines inspired me to make a fan fiction of my own. Haha :) You're just so creative! :"> Lots of love :x

Chapter 12:

Mood Swing

(Harry's POV)

"Baba?" I called out her name in the sweetest possible way, giving way to my raspy voice that she always adored. She was wrapped around her sheets, hiding her face.

"What now?" She rolled her back, turning away from me as I knelt at the side of the bed.

"I'm getting so tired of us fighting, Bab. I'm so sick of it." I uttered a sigh, and this time she looks at me with her watery eyes. "I'm sorry."

"It's shitty you know. We fight almost about the same things, then we make up. Then we fight again. It's like a cycle." Her lips press into a thin line as her tears fall down her cheeks.

"That's what best friends are for right? What's friendship without the drama?"

She laughs, wiping her cheeks with her fingers, "Sorry I didn't tell you about Niall and I."

And then it struck me. The pain was there or maybe it never actually left. Then I thought to myself, how many times have I made my best friend cry? How many times have we fought yet were able to make up? A lot. But believe me, this is one heck of a friendship I don't wanna let go of.

Of course I'm hurt, especially with the fact that I am now too late to confess my feelings. I can't just get in between them and mess things up again. Maybe if I'd be the usual best friend she could depend on, she'd learn to love me too. That's what usually happens in typical romantic movies, right?

"I'm sorry I was melodramatic." I stood up, my knees aching from the uncomfortable carpet that made the floor harder rather than softer.

She reached out her hand, a gesture for me to help her stand, "No more fights, okay? No more lies and no more secrets."

"Agreed." I assure her and I smile before turning to the door.

"Wait." She pulls my shirt, making me swing to face her. Our bodies were now just a few inches away from each other. "Do we have anything else to discuss, Hazza?"

That was a surprising question. Am I supposed to say something? Is she actually giving me the opportunity to tell her what I feel- no, she couldn't possibly be.

Her eyes were locked on mine and it didn't stop me from sliding my hand on her waist.

You know the feeling, that when you look at her and think- wow, I love her but we're just friends. Or maybe when she looks at him it hurts too much sometimes; when you're in love with her and she's in love with him. You love everything about her and she loves everything about him. You spend all your 11:11 wishes on her. You kept it in for so long, and no one knows how confused you are.

Do you tell her? Or do you keep it in as usual? Or is it's complicated your answer when someone asks you what's wrong? When you look at them, your eyes starts to fill up with tears. Because you love her. You love her so much. And sometimes you just wish... She knew.

"Do you really want to know?" I ask with a smile, my heart beating calmly, different from the usual pounding like it wants to get out of my chest.

"Know what?" She looked down and stared at my chest, then she moved her gaze to my arms and focused there. I couldn't help but grin. I knew she was studying my more manly features. I guess she noticed how much I grew since the day we met.