Chapter 3: Hang Out

Chapter 3:

Hang Out

(Abbie's POV)

Right now I was still desperately trying to fix my phone. I paid a thousand peso just so I could get my roaming, but it was no use. Good thing Uncle Edgar had a spare sim card which I could use while I'm still in England.

It's been a week since we've arrived and I haven't toured the city yet. I wanted to, but no one dared to come with me. Though sometimes, I found myself really fond of writing messages on my notepad instead, chatting with Harry from out our windows. We haven't really talked like we really are friends, but ever since we started this type of conversation, I felt a connection.

To top everything I said, this guy was hot! Wait, let me correct that, he is hot. He has brown curly hair and a pair of emerald green eyes that instantly mesmerized me. His dimple is the cutest dimple I've ever seen in my life and I'd give up everything just to see it appear everytime he smiles or laughs.

Ding dong.

"Harry!" I hear excitement in my cousin's little voice as he opened the front door.

"Hello mate! Is Abbie here?" Harry's raspy voice echoed in my head. It sounded too good and too pleasing, somewhat addictive.

I was sitting down in the living room, watching television with Flo, yet I could still hear their conversation.

"She's in the living room with Flo. Come in!" The door closed and I could hear footsteps closing in.

"Wanna hang out?" I felt him breathing just beside my ear. I turned around, only to see his eyes on me while he was bending down, his arms crossed on the back of the leather sofa.

He showed off a cheekish grin and proceeded to sit beside my other cousin. "Hi there Flo. How yah doing little girl?" She was chewing off some toy and she laughed so cute when Harry tickled her.

"..so wanna drop by our house?"

"Huh?" I didn't realize I was zoned out for looking at him long enough. Well I hope he didn't notice that.

"Are you feeling alright?" He puts his hand on my forehead, my skin absorbing the coldness of his touch. His warmth felt so.. comfortable.

Snap why the hell am I suddenly feeling this way? It's been a week for christ's sake.

I tried not to look embarassed. "Oh sorry. No, I'm not sick." I brush his hand away. "Yeah, I'll be there in a while. But wait, don't you have classes?" I asked, standing up and adjusting my pants up.

"Nope!" He popped the p. "I graduated already." He proudly said, leaning back on the sofa and smiling widely.

Stupid me. Why didn't I think of that? Obviously class schedule in England is different from the Philippines.

"What about work? I heard you're working at a bakery down town." No I wasn't stalking him. It was Aunt Lisa who told me that.

"I have my weekend off. Barbara would understand. She's too kind." I found it funny when he said Barbara since it sounded more like Bar-bra.

"Oh." was all I could reply.

"I'll see you in a while then, yeah?" He stands up from the couch, being just a few inches away from me and clearly revealing our height difference.

I nod, looking up to face him. God I wish I was tall.

As soon as he left, I went to take a shower and relax my mind. The water was warm and cold at the same time, creating the perfect feeling of freshness. I put on some nice clothes- cream turtleneck, my galaxy leggings, and some boots. Since it was kind of wet outside, I decided to bring my leather jacket. Yeah, I know, Harry's house is just beside ours. But c'mon, I have to look good!