Chapter 28: I Don't Regret It

Note: Dedicated to @imaginator1d! I mean seriously, your story (After 1, 2, 3) are soo awesome! I always wait for an update Lol. You write so good and I wish I could write as good as you! :) ILY :*

Chapter 28:

I Don't Regret It

(Niall's POV)

Why am I always the one to lose the girl? Wait let me rephrase the question. Why does Harry always get the girl? I mean I know they haven't made things official. She's still my girlfriend and he's still her best friend. But- I don't know. I guess all good things will unwillingly come to an end.

I know she loves him.

"What you know is wrong. She loves you, more than how she loves me." Harry tells me, feeling all confident.

What if he's right? But what if he's not? I was beginning to feel uncomfortable at this point-

"Don't be dumb Harry. You're her best bud." I replied, trying to maintain a straight face.

"And you're her boyfriend."

"That's the point, Haz. Time will come, this will all end soon. Things will be right where they should be." Tears were beginning to form in my eyes that I had to look away and quickly leave.

As I shut the door behind me, pain started streaming down my cheeks. I didn't know where to go. I had to stay away for a while to collect myself rather than break down and lose myself knowing that the girl I love will slip away from me soon enough. I got down the lobby and there I think I saw Zoe Whelan sitting on the wide leopard couch. It's got to be her.

I slowly walked my way to her but she greeted me before I did. "Niall! Long time no see." Her arms grabbed me for a hug which I fully accepted. "You look different when I last saw you hmm.. 2 years ago? Or is it-"

"Yeah, people change." I cut her off and she gave me a smirk. I admit she looked beautiful as she wore her striped crop top and leggings. She even had a black fedora on and her dark brown hair perfectly waved up to her shoulders.

"So what are you doing down here this late?" She questioned, asking me to sit with her on the sofa.

I scratched the back of my neck and gave her an answer, "Well I was going to ask you the same thing."

She laughed a bit and looked away. "Don't tell me you're really happy to see me here?"

"I am actually." I admit. Well as I've said, I needed to collect myself. "You want to grab some ice cream?"

"This late? Where can you fi-"

"My treat."

"Alright!" She exclaimed. I took her hand into mine and we exited the hotel to find maybe some Gelato stand. There's got to be one somewhere. We walked for about 15 minutes, laughing and making jokes, until we found the perfect ice cream shop. It was almost closing time and good thing the manager recognized who I was so he made two seats available.

She licked her ice cream as I was already munching my cone. "Well this seems nice." She told me, referring to the time we're currently spending.

I nodded in agreement. "Hey, we're throwing a birthday bash for Hazza tomorrow.."

"Hazza?"

"I meant Harry. Harry Styles?"

"Oh yes, yes. And?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to come. I mean a lot of people would be there. It would be great if you would be too."

She rolled her eyes and giggled. "I don't know.."