Chapter 26: Much Better

Chapter 26:

Much Better

(Abbie's POV)

Harry was busy nibbling on what seems to be some mocha-flavored cupcakes as we both sat on the sofa, each one of us on the separate ends with our feet entangled like a vine, watching a new episode of Family Guy. The rest of the boys had a day off with their girls, except for my best friend and my boyfriend.

"Where are you going?" I shift uncomfortably as I see Niall make his way to the door.

"Out." He replies, not even looking at me.

I removed my feet off of Harry's as i peek from the sofa to get a look on what Niall's actually wearing. White Nike dry fit polo, khaki shorts and shoes. He was pulling some sort of golf bag behind him. "Where?" I ask again, wanting to make sure.

"Golfing." He answers in a normal tone. I was right.

"Wow-" He was surprised to see my amusement. "Since when did you start playing golf?"

He rolls his eyes, "Since you were stuck in your studies and rarely had time for me. So basically about a year and a half ago." Well that kinda hurt.

"Aren't you going to invite me to go with you this time?" I questioned, hiding that little pain he gave me as I stood up from my seat to pull my pants up.

"I thought you were busy."

"I'm not."

"You sure?"

"Positive. Now let me come with you."

He gave me a small smile and nodded. "I'll wait for you down the lobby."

To be honest, I don't really remember when Niall and I had some alone time together, aside from the fact that we sleep on the same bed. I just felt so distant from him especially with me spending most hours with Harry and the online school. So I guess Niall's right. It's been one year and a half. I don't even remember spending our first anniversary.

"So martians did exist? What do you see?" Harry waves his hand infront of my face, snapping me back to earth.

"Whatever Styles." I proceeded to the bedroom so I can change to some athletic attire Eleanor and Perrie gave me last Christmas. "Are you actually gonna watch me change you pervert?" I say seeing him by the doorway. He grinned and walked out.

I immediately wore some white Nike skirt with its matching pink top. My rubber shoes had a blending color of pink and blue. So much for being sporty. I filled my bag with two towels, an extra shirt and slippers.

"Don't forget this." Harry's voice echoed in the room as I see him hand me his full water bottle. My hand brushed against his and I felt my heart starting to beat faster. I looked up and saw his emerald eyes locked on me. I can't help but look away.

"Sorry." I apologized. His fingers lifted my chin and I feel blood rush to my cheeks. Well this is unusual.

"Text me when you're on the way back. Maybe I could order room service for everyone." He insists, forming a warm smile.

I pushed him back a bit so I can walk to the door. "Niall and I might be staying out 'til tonight. So don't wait up but I'll text you." His face turned upside down, making me feel bad. I don't want to leave him alone in this boring hotel room but I'll deal with this unknown yet familiar feeling of mine later.

Could it possibly true? This feeling that I thought was long gone, is now coming back? Maybe it didn't leave at all? Maybe I just locked it away knowing there's someone I don't want to hurt? Nah. I'd rather enjoy the day with Niall than confuse myself with these nonsense.