Chapter 13: The Reveal

Note: This chapter is dedicated to @heyitshusna. Your fan fiction is also one of the things that inspired me to make my own. though I wouldn't be as good as you. Haha. Thanks for the inspiration, sweetie. Lots of love! :xx

Chapter 13:

The Reveal

(Abbie's POV)

I am in the state of confusion. Is it bad to love two persons at the same time? Is it a crime to proffer myself to be hit by Cupid's arrows twice? Who's it going to be- my boyfriend- or my best friend in the world?

Damn what the hell am I thinking? I blame these romantic movies. They always end up with this prevailing decision: being with the one who has been there all along. The thing is, that the one usually tells the main character that he loves her just after she gets a boyfriend. Then she tells him she loves him too, all this time. Then they would come upon the conclusion to be together instead. What a cliché.

But Harry hasn't told me anything. I know I loved him before, but it all changed when Niall came into my life. So I guess what I've been feeling for my best friend these past few days is merely just a misunderstood sentiment of love. He was just too sweet, too caring, and too protective of me, making me doubt the relationship we have as best friends. It made me as assuming as ever that maybe it should be him-

"Love? What are you doing?" Niall wraps his arms around me from behind my back. I was sitting on the sofa, facing the laptop on the coffee table.

"Just e-mailed my friends way back home. It's been long since I got back, you know?"

"Do they know about us?" He kissed my neck gently, sending me goosebumps allover my skin.

"Yeah." I muttered under my breath. "They're huge fans. Oh and we're planning to go on skype tonight or maybe tomorrow." I turn my head to look at him, my eyes scanning his face. He was growing his beard now, starting from the front of his ears by the side of his cheeks, going down. Funny how he always wished to have facial hair, and now he's getting it.

"Confused about what?" Our eyes met and I didn't notice he had a hand over the mouse that clicked over my account's sent items. He saw what I just e-mailed my friends:

I'm confused. Need someone to talk to. ASAP.

Imy guys :x

-Abbie

My smile fell. I should have seen this coming.

"If I'm going to be home-schooling or regular schooling." I lied.

I know, it's a dumb idea. But if you were in my place, would you actually tell him that you're confused with your feelings? No, because I love my boyfriend and I don't want to lose him.

He took a long breath before letting it out in a sigh, "Are you sure?"

"Yes." I whispered, surprised that he was giving me a soft little smile.

I turned the laptop off before he could read my mails further. It was around 10 pm and the only thing lighting up our room now is the lampshade on top of the tiny table beside our bed. The curtains were closed, hiding the night glow of London. It was also the time of the evening when I could already hear the rest of the boys snoring.

"Hey don't give up on me now- what- babe- I love you too much-" Zayn's voice echoes in the neighboring balcony. You could hint the evident pleading in his tone.

Perrie once told me she was having a difficult time meeting up with him on the road. She's busy and he's busy too, but I told her she has to try before she finally decides. I just don't see the two of them breaking apart, especially now.