Secrets and Lies part 1

Fives P.O.V

I stared at down the barrel of Echo's gun, my body unable to move.

"You don't have to to this." I said, trying not to sound to scared.

"We don't have any choice. I'm truly sorry Fives." He said from under his black and white helmet. He got ready to fire and I closed my eyes. I waited for a few moments but nothing happened when I opened my eyes Echo was still standing there; his hand that was holding the gun shaking ever so slightly.

Then the door opened, "Drop the gun Echo! Don't make me shoot you." Said Captain Rex. Echo just looked up, put his hands in the air but didn't drop the gun. He took a few steps backwards and then he backed up to the glass window. He dropped his gun but before it hit the floor, he kicked it towards Captain Rex.

Rex took one step closer and then with his elbow Echo broke the window he was up against. Then he did a back flip out of it and then he was gone.

"What happened?" Asked Rex walking over to me and helping me up.

"I'm not sure, I came in here to check something and I saw him standing by the computer." I said, glancing over at the computer. Rex just nodded.

"Come on we need to report this to General Skywalker." Rex said and truned to leave. I bent down and picked up Echo's gun, I looked closely at it and saw there was a small piece of paper tied around one end. I pulled it off and it read Fives, Run! Then I heard a click and then there was an explosion.

Echo's P.O.V

I came back to Redblood's base and sighed.

"What happened?" Asked Shatter leaning against a wall.

"It went as planned." I replied, trying to hide the sadness in my voice.

"Right. So you aren't caught?" He asked.

Dang, I thought flinch ever so slightly. "Yes, Fives came while I was there. I almost had to..." I said trailing off.

"It's alright." He said as he put a hand on my shoulder. I looked at him, he was wearing his mask so I couldn't see his facial expression.

"How's Waxer?" I asked.

"From what Raya says he is going to be fine." Shatter replied threw gritted teeth, I looked away and clenched my fist. Then I truned and punched the closest wall.

"You know that won't help." He said.

"I know." I replied.

"It's hard." I finally said after a few moments of silence. Shatter looked up at me form his seat and said "Yeah it is."

"Why us? Though? Why not a Jedi?" I asked.

"Who knows? It could just be at random or maybe fate." Shatter said with a shrug. I just sighed and glanced out the window.

A few weeks earlier....