Chapter 3

ZANE'S POV NOW!!! (Haha, I know you guys love me now! XD)

What in the world is going on here??

All I remember is that I was facing off my impossible older brother, Garroth, in Lady Irene's dimension and then, the next thing I know, I'm in this strange place with so many strange things.

On top of a girl.

She looked like she might kill me at any moment although the hint of fear clearly in her emerald green eyes gave me the confidence to sneer at her. Until her brother came in and interfered. Such an insolent boy. Not to mention the fact that I am in a child's body, what an insult! I feel too shocked and confused to give it much thought, though.

Although, I nearly was scared to death about this.... monster of a creature who chased me around this odd place like a madwoman, swearing and telling me that I was to pay about all those bad things I have done to Lord Aphmau, Garroth, Garmau, and Phoenix Drop. Exactly how does she knows about Aphmau and Garroth and exactly what is a Garmau? A contraption of a sort?

"You are wearing men's clothes," I state the obvious, gesturing at the madwoman's pants.

Her dark eyes narrow, looking like she might want to chase me again. As if she would possibly kill me, Zane, son of O'kasis.

"So what if I'm wearing men's clothes? It's in the style today, old man," she snaps back, fingering her pants like I would steal them away from her. As if.

I smirk. I like her, reminds me of Aphmau a bit with her sassy remarks. However, I turn to stare at the boy's little sister, Xandra I think her name is, the person I am mostly interested in. The way her brother and friend block the space between me and her makes me wonder if there is something special about her that they do not want to tell me about. I smirk again. Nobody keeps secret from me.

The boy snorts from the doorway, casually leaning against it while protectively blocking Xandra from me who seems rather annoyed by his motives. "Oh, great one, Kirsty. Looks like you learned a lot from me."

Kirsty, her name, turns her attention now to him, giving him a murderous look. My, she could be a glamorous addition to my army, if only she will agree... "Are you kidding me, Gerald?! I'm the one who kept chasing you around the campus because you kept stealing my lunch, brainless fried chicken!"

Xandra giggles softly, nudging her brother slightly on the ribs. "Gonna let her take the taunt instead of you? Come on, what happened to my heroic older brother who would slay monsters to get me from trouble?" Despite the amusement in her voice, there is true love shining in her eyes, causing me to look away.

I am not use to being loved by my brother, father, by anybody. I learned that love is weak.

"Now, I'm more worried about Kirsty over there," Gerald says, sheepishly like she might just kick him to hell.

Her face turns from annoyance to shock and defiance when she realizes what he meant. "HEY! YOU JERK!" Gerald laughs, aiming to ruffle up her hair who immediately ducks and kicks him on the shin. He starts hopping on one foot. Xandra just rolls her eyes at them, giggling hysterically until she notices my eyes trailing on her. Almost at once did her mouth turn into a straight line once again, giving me a wary look.

I smirk back in return and she looks at me in disgust.

"Look, Zane, quit playing with me. The only reason I look like fresh meat is because of my stupid brother over there who thinks I can't take care of myself properly!" She turns to give Gerald a murderous look. "EXCUSE ME BUT I'M THE ONE WHO COOKS FOR YOU, MAN!!!"

"Exactly why would I want to play with you?" I reply in the best innocent, yet mysterious voice I can ever conquer up. Messing with this girl is going to make my time here special.

As if reading my mind, her eyes narrow into slits. "Just because I'm just sixteen, doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with me."

"Of course I can, dear. I am Zane Ro'meave, son of-"

"The Lord of O'khasis, Lord Garte Ro'meave, younger son of Garroth Ro'meave, bah, bah, bah, bah. I know that information already. But, for your information, you're not the king in this place."

I smirk again. Such a foolish girl defining the order of O'khasis. "Says who?"

Xandra rolls her eyes at me again as if I'm losing it. "Says the government of the United States. Look, I know everything's like, so confusing to you right now no matter how hard you try to not look like that, but I know. I have the right to kick you out of my house and sue you for trespassing without permission. I'm serious, I will do that. You're lucky I was here when you popped out of nowhere because if I wasn't and Gerald and Miss Hot Head over there found you first, they would..... probably find a way to get you in jail."

Before I can even open my mouth to speak, she raises her hand to silence me like a mother hushing her child. "Just be glad, okay? Don't take advantage of the peace I made between us. We're even, you stood on top of me and insulted me, my friend and brother got to kill you and sass you around. We're even. But, if you ever take one threatening step towards me, my brother, or my friends, I will kick you out of this house and into the harsh world we live in now. It ain't the world you live in where you were born from royalty. Here, you are nothing more than an average eighteen year old, a peasant with no education, no job, nothing. Face it, without me, you would be lost in the chaos of this cruel world with no one to turn to." Xandra ignores me completely as she turns her head to Gerald and Kirsty.

"Come on, let's go. Leave Pussy Pony behind for awhile." Kirsty snickers as she follows her friend behind like a cat tail while Gerald stares daggers at me before following too.

The door closes behind me, leaving me with my rushing and crazy thoughts zooming through my head as if unwilling to stop and process through everything like I always do in situations like this. Expect, one thing is clear that the girl had made for me- that she is the one in charge now, not me.