Chapter 28

Branden's POV:

"What do I look like? Some kind of running 'portal maker' or something?"

Great. As if my day hasn't kicked off any better.

I groan and shake my head. It was always like this- get her undying help or rot beneath her withering glare. Dear Lord... "No, Lauren, not like that. I just wanted to ask your... assistance for awhile. To save a distressed soul from utter despair?"

I hear her sigh through the phone, something that she does more often than not. I know what's coming- a lecture. Why are the girls the ones who do this to the boys?

"Branden, I know you're trying to be nice and everything, but are you sure you can trust this guy? I mean, you did say that he was a former villain."

"Former would be the proper word, Laur. Did you even watch the MCD episode I sent you?"

She hesitates. "Yes." I'm slowly winning. I can already taste the victory on my lips- er head, or whatever.

"And what do you think?" I'm practically leaning against my phone and bouncing on my chair excitedly. So close to winning this war. I can see it now- me claiming the victorious throne of "I told you so" with Lauren bowing below me along with my other servants-

"He seems alright. Maybe misguided but alright."

My army is storming the castle right as we speak. We are outnumbered but that doesn't matter. We will win. "Yes, he is misguided. Which is why we need someone to aid him. I mean, not really helping him- he doesn't want that, more like giving him a small push in the right direction."

"That's technically helping him."

Dang it, Laur, why must you be so logical?

Unfortunately, my army is slowly falling back, the numbers overwhelming even for them. I yell at them to push on. I won't lose to this hell of a stubborn girl. "Lauren, you always believed in giving people a second chance right?"

I hear Lauren take in a deep breath, sending shivers down my spine. "Yes."

"Then help me give this guy a chance then. He may have requested to deal with the Shadow Lord on his own, but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to give up that easily."

Come on, Laur, let me conquer your kingdom. Even if it's just for a little bit.

"Why do you want to help him anyway?"

I smile to myself. This question again. "At first, it was because he was a patient. Then, it was because Xandra liked him. Now... it's because I never hesitate to help someone. You said so yourself- even the evilest of the evil need a warm hug and smile every once and awhile."

Silence on the other side of the phone. I've never felt this agitated in so long. Not since the last Undertale Flowy boss battle that took me- seemingly, hours to finish. With my encouraging war cry, my soldiers rush forward, battling with a new sense of justice and pride. The castle is soon surrounded, and I stand at the entrance of the throne room, smiling up at the majestic queen right in front of me.

Victory shall be mine.

Finally, Lauren sighs again. "Fine. Alright. What time do I meet up with Zane?"

I smile, resisting the urge to jump up and down on my chair. I have claimed the throne at last. Evil-but-not-so-evil girlfriend Lauren has been successfully defeated.

"Actually, I want you to meet with another Ro'meave brother first."

----------------------------

Xandra's POV:

"He can't stay here for long, you know," Zane tells me as I get ready for dinner in Mom's absence. She needed to take care of some business meeting for the night and told me to make some pasta with the ingredients she bought from the grocery store. We're still awkward together, but it's okay. I can manage awkward. "He has to go back to Minecraft Diaries."

I nod, knowing it's true. Garroth started showing signs of homesickness after he got out from bed yesterday- staring out the window, mumbling whatever nonsense he has in his head, and ending up talking about Phoenix Drop and Aphmau in most of the conversations we hold together. He says nothing about what he feels, but the signs are too obvious for us to ignore.

But the big question is how to get him back home. It's always in everybody's mind, but I let the question slide this time. It'll just lead us into a heated conversation I'd rather avoid. So, instead, I ask him something entirely different and yet the same. Taking in a shaky breath and hoping to dear Irene that he doesn't overreact, I ask-

"Why aren't you homesick, Zane?"

He smiles at me, but not in a happy way. It's already hard enough to get that kind of smile from him. No, it's more of a... rueful smile. As if the moon had flown above Zane and casting a dark shadow on his face.

"It's because I have nothing to be homesick about."

That was it. An honest truth. And yet it's something that cuts me deep in the chest. Shaking my head, I give him a quick hug to comfort but refuse to meet his icy gaze.

Zane... Is it selfish that I don't want you to be homesick - so you can stay here... with me?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: GUYS, I FINISHED THIS DANG CHAPTER IN LESS THAN A DAY- well, last LAST Friday, but still. Usually, it would take me DAYS to even finish writing the chapters so this must be some sort of miracle... Or maybe it's because of how short this thing is. XD ARE YOU PROUD OF ME, MOM???

Also, meet another new character- Lauren, aka Branden's girlfriend! If you don't know her already, she is a great friend of mine's OC and her RPCC (Roleplay Comments Character). Check her out!

I've been having some difficulty following MyStreet S2 and PDH for some strange reason... I guess MCD would forever be my favorite series by Aphmau and it still is. :) What's your favorite series?

Also, I just got back from camping. It was so awesome. We went to Crater Lake National Park (picture above taken by me). The water is sooo blue! X3

 Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this new chapter of ZSC. I love you guys so so much and I'll see you all later. Buh-bye! ^w^