Chapter 18

Xandra's POV:

What? What?! What, the heck?!

"Out of nowhere..." Gerald mutters under his breath. He glares at Myra again, his arms crossed and his face serious. "Saying sorry isn't enough and you know that."

Myra winces for the fourth time today, staring down at her nervously chewed fingernails. She used to take such great care of her body- exercising and putting on makeup but not too much to make her look like some kind of fashion freak. She always painted her nails the color of her mood, but right now, they are not painted.

As if she doesn't know what to feel. I honestly don't know what to do myself.

"I know, I know. I just wanted to tell you two that if you need any help financially or whatever, you can reach out to me. I don't live with your father anymore so-"

"Wait, you two divorced?" I blurt out, on the edge of my seat. Those two were inseparable and it was pretty obvious that she picked him over us which made the pain even worse.

Myra nods, but doesn't look sad or angry. She actually looks relieved. "He was dominating over me without me realizing the truth- that all he cared about was himself. So I left him. Left him a note on the fridge and maybe destroyed some parts of his office." The side of her mouth twitches slightly to reveal a slightly amused/mischievous smile that Gerald always has whenever he's up to something.

I can't believe this is happening. My mother is actually here, trying to apologize to both of us and Gerald doesn't look like he wants to wring her neck anymore. I glance up at Zane who stares right back at me, his intense icy blue eyes staring right into my soul. He's been doing that lately, hiding in the background of things like a ghost, a shadow of the darkness, watching over us play around like kids from afar. I guess I keep forgetting that he's still Zane Ro'meave- a person who prefers to be by himself and can be intense at times.

"It all comes down to what Xandra and Gerald have to say about the matter," Zane says, leaning back and resting an ankle on his knee. He may as well be some kind of dark king for all I care. "No one else will make the decision for them."

Jerking her head up to stare right into his eyes, Myra asks in a shaky voice, "Who are you?"

Zane smirks that devilish smirk that can get him anywhere if he tried. "That is rather invalid information that I like to keep-"

I immediately cut him off, because Kirsty and Sunny are trying their best not to laugh at his sudden change of personality and frankly, I'm not so sure if he's going to get himself in trouble for talking back to my mother or face the wrath of my fist. "He's my boyfriend."

Myra leans back on the couch, shock clearly registering in her eyes. What, you were expecting your precious little child to stay a child? She's grown up now, deal with it! I want to so badly say this at her face, but I keep my mouth shut and hope that she doesn't end up having a heart-attack.

"Oh, I see..." Myra gives Gerald and Kirsty a sideways look. "I guess Gerald's already dating also." She bites on her finger nervously, a habit that she's been trying to stop for years. "You two are so grown up..."

Shaking her head, she suddenly stands up, obviously trying not to cry all over again. I seriously feel like I should do something to help her. I always hated it when she cried. "I should be going now, but I'm glad you two are alright. You have people that can help you." Myra stares at Zane and then at Kirsty and Sunny and finally stares at her hands. "Gosh, I'm a complete mess." She mostly says that to myself, but somehow, I feel like that's more directed to me.

Because I am a complete mess. Just like her.

"Wait, Mother." I slowly walk towards her just before she opens the door to get out. "Here. You can have it back." I unclip the heart necklace from my neck and hand it to her, willing my hand to stop shaking. Quit looking like a complete fool, Xandra.

She stares at the necklace and then at me, her emerald green eyes so much like mines. "No, you keep it. I gave it to you. It belongs to you now." Smiling, Myra gives one more side-ways glance at the sweltering apartment before shutting the door behind her.

Leaving behind a silence that I wish to end.

"So," Zane says, clearing his throat loudly. "That was your mother."

I nod, barely hearing the words come out of his mouth. His voice sounds hollow, distant as if he's miles away. My hands blur so much that there are four more of them, but when I rub my eyes, I find no tears at all. A bit freaked out, I jerk my head up- and almost immediately I fall.

Dizzy.

Sick.

Terrified.

Quiet.

Zane's on top of me, probably shaking me, but I can't feel anything at all. It's as if someone paralyzed me from head to toe. Or paralyzed my brain. I feel no pain at all- I don't feel anything actually.

Is this a good feeling or not?

Before I can even think further into the thought, a sinister voice of grated metal and rocks slip into my mind before I completely black out.

This is the punishment you shall pay for taking away my most precious prawn from my grasp, little girl!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 A/N:  Gah, sorry for the late update! I just went on my mid-Febuary break not knowing that practically a whole week has passed since I posted any chapters of ZSC!! XP Wtf is wrong with my memory?? XP

Well, anyways.... please don't be mad at me. I had no idea the ending was going to be like that, but I just felt like there had to be another big conflict that would help Zane and Xandra's relationship straighten as well as Myra's..... But hey, at least I'm going to make another character from MCD come into real life because of Xandra and well, I'm not spoiling to you people.... *insert evil face*

  Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I love you all #Zandra fans! Buh-bye! ^w^ X3