Chapter 8

Xandra's POV:

I have to admit it someday soon even though I might never forgive myself, and Kirsty and Sunny will probably think I live in a far off land with the green aliens. Well, I have to admit, that when he isn't out there to destroy the world or ruin someone's life, Zane Ro'meave is just plain fun.

There, I said it. It is true anyway. He is fun, just that you just have to coax him real good and threaten him to death and then he will allow you to drag him along wherever you go. I showed him around San Francisco, watching with curiosity over how in awe Zane was with the Golden Gate Bridge.

"This is unlike anything I've ever seen in my life," he said, staring out into the deep, blue ocean with sparkling blue eyes. "We do build bridges back at home, but never as big and sturdy and as... colorful as this one."

It was nice, knowing that there was some human in him left for me to become friends with.

Yesterday, I advanced my claim about him being in MCD by showing him the episode when he was first introduced, the episode when Aphmau found out that Garroth was Zane's older brother, and a few more episodes of Zane turning Alexis into a Shadow Knight and other evil stuff like that. Also, just for the fun of it, I showed him the episode when Aphmau prank-called him into thinking he had a "secret admirer" during the sleep-over side stories. The look on Zane's face was priceless.

"H-how the heck is that even possible?" he stammers, staring in horror at the blocky figure of himself breaking into Brendan's place and claiming that the ponies "would be a great addition to his army".

I clutch my side from laughing too hard. Oh, Lady Irene, I haven't watched this episode in awhile and the hysterical parts of the episode are getting to me again. "Everything's possible now because Jess knew the fangirls were bloodthirsty for revenge on you and what better way to satisfy them by making you a brony?" I fall on my bed laughing again, totally unaware of the murderous look Zane was giving me.

"And what exactly is a brony?" he asks me, a half pissed, half serious look on his face.

I give him a shocked look. "You don't know what a brony is???"

He makes a face. "Well, I'm sorry for not keeping up with your advanced technology."

I shake my head, knowing this is hopeless. "It's not technology, it's a phrase, a funny one indeed if you don't make it insulting to another person."

He still looks like he might want to kill me, but a sparkling mischievous look on his eyes makes me think back on my previous definition of Zane. "You already did, Xandra Ro'haven."

Although he does turn evil and cocky once and awhile and I do have to force him to take a walk outside to "get your grip back in reality", Zane is starting to become that cool, "guy friend" that I always wanted. Of course, Kirsty thinks not, but maybe only because of the incident that happened a day or two ago. She still can't get over it. Zane gets the silent gesture and avoids her as much as he can.

I just hope that doesn't turn bloody again.

"Hey, Zane. Where are you?" I peek into the guest room that he sleeps in, seeing that he didn't even tidy up his bed yet. Or his room, for the matter. I roll my eyes. He's probably used to having servants do the work for him.

Well, not anymore.

"Zane Ro'meave, come in here this instant!" I yell at the top of my lungs, trying to hide my growing smirk from my face. This is for the bloodthirsty girls who want to punch Zane so badly.

A few minutes later, Zane enters the room, giving me a wary look as if I might kill him right then and there. That just makes me want to laugh even more. Hopeless Zane, I feel so sorry for him. Not.

"Yes, Xandra? What is it?"

I point to the messy bed, showing him no emotion. "Explain to me this."

Zane raises his eyebrows, seeming a bit confused over what I am talking about. "The bed?"

I roll my eyes. How is this possibly the Zane that destroyed and killed so many people in MCD? "Ya, and what about it?"

Now, Zane seems more alert and starting to fidget, giving me a suspicious look as if I might throw a snake at him from a secret pocket somewhere. Nope, got nothing on my pockets or sleeves. Just wondering if this could embarrass ya to life.

"Well, it's white and gray and..."

I facepalm at this point, physically and mentally. Oh, my Lady Irene, who is this guy and why am I not kicking him out of the house this instant? "The sheets for peek sake, the sheets! The bed is not clean, the sheets are all over the place!"

Even as I scream out the obvious answer, it takes a few seconds for Zane to understand what I meant. "Oh. That. Sorry?"

"How are you possibly- you know what, I don't even want to ask," I tell him, pretty much at this point that I want to punch him so bad for his stupidity. "Just tidy up the bed, will ya? And no excuses, I don't care if you had servants to do it, just do it!" I add the last part when he dare attempts to open his mouth to protest like a little kid to his mother.

"Xandra, a-about that..." Zane stares at the ground instead of me, his cheeks slightly pink.

"Ya huh? What?" I ask, my face completely blank while on the inside, I am pleading to God that he does not ask me another stupid question. Please, please, please, Lady Irene, please don't make him ask me anything stupid. Please, please, please, please, please.

Unfortunately, sometimes prayers do not get answered right away, it sometimes take time for the prayer to become real. Usually, I can understand the need for patience, but in this case, my brain will die if this prayer is not answered.

It didn't.

"Uh, h-how do you m-make a bed?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: