Chapter 5

With one quick dash, I catch up to that bastard of a man and muster up all of my anger deep inside my gut, coursing through my blood like a stream engine, huffing and puffing and storing all of that immense anger to save for a bigger, more deadly force of power. I create a clear image of Zane's throat, slowly closing and shutting, growing smaller and smaller, the air trying to squeeze in refusing to go in his body....

     "XANDRA, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!"

     My brother's horrified scream startles me awake, causing the world around to whirl around in circles, the room spinning and spinning like I'm in a carousel going 100 miles per hour. Soon, my mind slowly turns back to normal and the reality of what I did came to me. Omg, what did I just do? Please don't tell me I didn't really do that.... did I?

     I slowly focus on Zane, or what has become of him. He is now on the ground sprawled out like a helpless child, gasping for air. His face looks like a giant vaclum sucked all of the life out of it. His trembling hands curved around his neck, red marks barely there. His eyes were completely white, as if insane.

     Oh my Lady Irene, did I really, nearly just killed a person?

     I should feel glad, I should feel satisfied, but if I did, I would be a heartless monster just like him. And frankly, after what I just did to him, maybe I am a heartless monster after all. Even my parents are better than me.

     "XANDRA? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??" Gerald is still screaming at my face until he realizes that my face seems just as pale as Zane. "Xandra?"

      My body refuses to do what I want it to do. My hands and legs feel numb, my mind in a chaos of screams and circles and horror filled truths.

     I nearly killed someone.

     I don't deserve anything after what I just did.

     And with that, I run. I run far away, away from here, away from the crime I did, away from the home that was never really my home. Away from everything.

     "Xandra!"

      I don't reply. Everything is falling apart, the picture perfect world that I made out of plastic is cracking. I knew that it wouldn't last long anyway.

     I somehow reach the old park that Gerald and I used to come when we were little kids, back when nothing could be possibly wrong- our parents were still there for us, we had so much friends, and the burden of running a household was like a faraway nightmare. I duck under the paintless slide and tremble from the sudden rain and start crying. In Minecraft Diaries, magicks seemed such a great treasure from life, blessed by Lady Irene or whatever, as if it was a true miracle everyone wanted.

     Well, I don't want it anymore. The hungry-magicks seekers could take my powers away forever, I don't care. I just want to be a normal girl who just fangirls over the silliest things on the episodes, who's just trying to survive in such a harsh world....

     Suddenly, I feel something thrown at me. I look up, nearly expecting to see the police, but notice a black jacket on my feet. Confused, I gingerly pick it up to inspect it. Way to big for me.

     "Wear it, it'll save your life."

     Startled, I look around again, nearly gasping in shock at Zane's silhouette leaning against a pole, his eyes staring at blank space. I blink at least ten times in a row, shocked over the fact that he's just there, casual, as if he haven't been choking to death nearly five minutes before.

     As if reading my mind, he turns to give me a devilish smirk, but something about it doesn't seem evil. The way the rain spatters onto his black hair makes him somewhat even more cuter. "People have done worse to me. Choking me has barely scratched the surface."

     I shake my head, new tears starting to sprout. "B-but I nearly killed you. Nearly killed you. Shouldn't you be like stating a death sentence on me or whatever?"

     He seems deep in thought before saying, "Were you not the one to say that I can't do anything in this world where I'm a mere peasant?" He stretches the word "peasant" exactly how I did it.

     I can't help, but smile. Maybe he's trying to cheer me up or just being plain rude although I don't care now. It was... nice of him to come here to find me, even if it was just to give me a jacket. At least he cares- a little bit.

     Actually, now that I think about it, it was brave of him to come here. To come and face the person who nearly killed you, it's as if confronting your worst fear and getting it over with. Maybe that's how Zane has survived through those lonely years of killing, not for the sport of crushing things, but to get over his fear of getting caught by being the one who catches him. Maybe...

     "I have to admit though, you scared me to hell," Zane warily says, as if admitting something so revolting, it's crazy.

     I laugh at that point, putting on the warm jacket and stepping out into the rain with him. I stare into his wild blue eyes, wondering if they were hiding the true side of Zane that no one really knows about. The rain continues to pour, drenching us completely.

     "Friends?" I ask, taking out my hand for him to shake.

     He looks at me startled, his Zen-like aura gone. I bite my lip to cover my laughter, waiting.

     Finally, after for what seemed like hours, he reaches out also and shakes my hand. His hands are surprisingly warm for a cold-hearted guy like him. And for the first time since Zane Ro'meave from Minecraft Diaries came out of my computer, I smile for real. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: OMG, I'm so sorry you guys. The beginning was soooooo violent! O_O  I had no idea what happened to me, the words came out of nowhere!!!!! Omigosh, this chapter was completely unexpected!

But at least they're friends now!! *happy dance*  BUT THIS DOESN'T MEAN THEY LOVE OR LIKE EACH OTHER PEOPLE, SO HOLD YOUR BRONIES!! (Okay, that was not meant to be offensive at all, so I'm sorry if it is.) Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this very much. See ya guys later! :D