Chapter 21

Zane's POV:

How do you explain to people that your big brother just appeared in a hospital room, without opening the door, or anyone seeing him?

It's simple really. Don't explain at all. Just avert their attention.

Easy said, harder than it looks.

Let's just say that there was a lot of subduing talk with the young nurse that came barging in at the worst time, staring at Garroth like he was a holy Divine Warrior that came from the heavens or something. Xandra also looked like she might faint at any second, mumbling Garroth's name, at least, a hundred times in a single minute. I'm wondering if she's having a panic attack or a fangirling attack.

Maybe a little bit of both.

"Omg, Garroth's here," Xandra mutters under her breath, playing with her pointer fingers before looking up at Garroth in an almost awed way. This irritates me, a strange emotion cutting through my heart.

"You didn't sound like that when I got out of that dang computer of yours," I snap back, leaning against the wall closest to Xandra. I eye my brother warily. He's staring at the hospital room as if it's an alien's headquarters. Mother of Irene, please don't tell me I was like this when I first came into this world.

Xandra rolls her eyes playfully at me, raising her non-IV hand in the air dramatically. "Because, my dear, you were a very arrogant, rude, and - might I add - evil person before. So let's just say that I absolutely hated you at that time."

I can't imagine hating her now. She's so beautiful, with her emerald green eyes and her fiery personality. And I certainly don't want to remember being evil. It's too painful to think about it now when the Shadow Lord decided to use the girl I love against me.

Garroth glares at me, slightly startled and confused. Blinking at how alike our expressions are, I glance at Xandra who just smirks and mouths, "Exactly alike." I sigh and stare at the floor instead of my brother. Why haven't I noticed any similarities between us until now? Maybe I wasn't paying much attention to him- or anyone really, growing up in O'khasis.

"How are you here, Zane?" Garroth asks, slowly turning his head to survey the room again. Once his icy blue eyes glaze over mine, I look away. I'm not ready to face my brother again. My brother, who tried his best to stay friends with me, when all I did was push him away. My brother, who faked his death, knowing that he could never listen to our insane father ever again. My brother, who probably hates me now.

I stay silent, deciding to stare at the girl in the bed instead, giving her a silent message of "Help me!" Being her dang mischievous self, she shakes her head sadly and points to the IV, reminding me that she was sick and unable to take control of the situation like she usually does. Sighing, I turn my head to look at Garroth to find that he's staring right back at me. I quickly jerk my eyes to the ground.

This couldn't get any more awkward.

I clear my throat and without warning, the door bursts open revealing one very hyper blonde girl, one rather concerned dark-haired girl, and one "What the heck happened here?" boy.

Xandra gasps and mumbles under her breath, "Oh Irene, this is going to turn out bad for-"

Before she can even finish her sentence, Sunny lets out a very girly scream that consists of "AHHHHAFHADFHSFAHAFD;LLD GARROTH~SENPAI!!!!!!!!" before tackling poor Garroth with a fierce hug. Immediately, Kirsty rushes forward and tries to drag Sunny away while apologizing all at the same time. Gerald just stands there, petrified. Probably by seeing his double. I swear they look exactly alike now that they're in the same room together.