Prologue

It's a dark thing, the evil. The darkness. It sucks you in and refuses to let you out, no matter how much you scream and fight. All it does is laugh at your face and leave you to die and rot, alone. At first being stuck in the middle of the dark could be a terrifying thing- no one to watch over you, no one to help if that darkness pains you. You just stand there, frozen in fear, alone; you don't move at all, but that's more painful than being in the light which motivates you to move and fight the pain.

Over time, however, you get use to the dark, get used to the silence. You start to rely solely on yourself and no one else. The pain is still there, but it's there to move you forward, not hurt you. And soon, you slowly start to accept the fact that you're part of the darkness, the evil, and that the light is too blinding for you to enter. The good in the world- including the humans, are your enemies now.

You realize you don't need the light anymore. Soon, you fall under the illusion that everything is alright.

It really isn't.

----------------------------------------------------

A/N: So so sorry for the late update. I had planned to post this last Sunday, but for some strange reason, I never got around to doing so until now...

Anyways, this is just a little bonus content for ZSC- I was randomly writing in my writing journal about what it was like to be consumed by the evil and darkness and as I was continuing to write it, Zane's voice soon developed throughout the whole entire "story". And a few days later after writing it, I realized that it sounded like this sounded like a prologue and epilogue for ZSC (well, this is just part of what I wrote originally. The rest is for the epilogue.) So I was like yesterday- "Hey, why not post this? Better late than never. XD"

I don't know if this is good or not, but it's kinda deep if you ask me. X3

This is technically the new "first chapter" of ZSC- not Chapter 1 anymore. It just seemed to fit so well with the story and that without this, the ending of ZSC won't make sense so I HAD to put this in. And yes, I have the ending of this fanfic all planned out... sorta...  XP

  Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this small prologue and if you did, be sure to favorite and leave a comment down below. I love you guys and I'll see you all later- buh bye! ^w^