Chapter 15

Xandra's POV:

Still staring into his shining white eyes, I continue to advance towards him, emotionless while Zane's face twists into a furious scowl. So this is it. I guess, this is all over. No more Minecraft Diaries, because of me.

"This what I really am, Xandra Ro'haven," Zane says, his voice dark with fury. "I will never be able to love again." He laughs evilly. "It's for the better."

I suddenly stop a foot in front of him, staring into his eyes, daring for him to defy me as I state, "No, that's not true. This isn't who you really are. I spent too much time with you to know that."

Zane scowls, raising his black sword to strike at me. "Why you little-" Before he can even move for a second, I place my pointer finger at his forehead, a sparkle of pure white coming from it. He suddenly stops in mid swipe, his eyes wide with horror and sudden grief.

"'I should have never fallen in love with them too much'," I recite what Zane said, giving him a sad smile. "I shouldn't have either. Maybe, if I never have spent such wonderful memories with you, then I wouldn't have stopped to hesitate to kill you. But," I feel tears sprouting from my eyes, but I don't care. What matters is what I'm about to tell him. "I can't kill you. I don't think I ever can."

"Why?" Zane's voice sounds almost desperate, his eyes flickering from white to blue. That wonderful color of sky blue.

I close my eyes, concentrating on all of those happy moments when we had fun together. That hide-and-seek game we played with little Lily, torturing Zane with MCD and Side Stories videos about him being silly, us going out to just explore the city, me showing him ice-cream for the first and laughing at Zane's face when he tried to cover his look of pure joy when he first licked that vanilla ice-cream. All the laughs we had, all those secrets we told to ourselves, watching the sunset together in my room, doing things I never thought I would ever do with someone. Frozen in time, preserved by my powers and my feelings towards him. Never about to let go.

Never going to let him go anymore.

"Because... I love you, Zane." And with that, I conjure up all of those memories and force myself to utter a single command, to make the fantasy that we created together to become a reality. At this moment right now, I will myself to use my hated powers to assist me in bringing back the boy I fell in love with.

"Zane is a good person."

A burst of light explodes from my finger and into the room, surrounding the dark with light, blinding me, taking me with it, sending me spiraling and spiraling-

Into nothingness.

                                                                                   --------------------------

"Zane?" A little blonde girl with sky blue eyes sat near the fireplace, resting her head on her skinny legs. The fire danced on her skin, creating creatures of all kinds- creatures that can only exist in one's dream.

A younger Zane smiled at her, a smile I haven't seen in such a long time. Despite his age, he seemed much older than he let on. "Yes, Eve?"

Unfolding her legs, she gave Zane a serious look, seeming too mature for a five-year-old. "How come you don't smile that much?"

That question seemed to catch him off guard. "What do you mean? I'm smiling right now."

She blinked, her eyes just like Zane. Bright, calm, full of untold emotions. "Yes, but you're not really smiling at the same time."

Now Zane was confused. "Huh?"

Getting up, Eve placed her tiny finger on his forehead, just like I did to him. "Find someone that can make you smile real big. So big that no one will know you're even you!" She smiled bright, fire licking at her eyes like fireworks. "Once you find that someone, tell me immediately and I'll make her promise to always be by your side. No matter what happens."